Chapter 211

Gabby's POV:
After having supper and spending the past 45 minutes sitting in bed together, I was now in the middle of getting undressed since we were now ready for bed when I saw Matt come into the washroom wearing his boxers. I then looked at him in the mirror, a bit confused. "A little early to be wearing that?" Matt laughed as he walked up to the sink and went to grab his toothbrush. "With Matteo in between us, I don't want to have to wake him up to get changed if he falls asleep. So, I am being proactive. Plus, I would rather be in my sweats right now anyways."

I laughed and smiled when he said that before going to move my hands to his chest. "Oh, you know I do." I then went to wrap my arms around him before kissing him softly. "You are very sexy when you are just wearing your boxers." Matt smiled when I said that before moving to pick me up in his arms and setting me on the bathroom counter. Wrapping my legs around his, I put my hands on his cheeks before going to kiss him softly. "Sorry if I am a bit hormonal. We have been so close all day yet, we haven't been this close if you know what I mean."

Matt nodded and understood. "Of course I understand Gabby. But you also have to remember that Matteo has been in bed with us all day because he is sick. So, that's why we haven't been that intimate. But believe me, I would've loved to take you into my amrs for a bit and just hold you close to me." I smiled when he said that and nodded as I put my hands on his chest. That's when Matt moved to rub my back and just held me close to him. "You already brush your teeth?" I then shook my head. "No, I need to though." Matt then let me go so that I could brush my teeth.

Jumping off the counter, I then went back to my sink so that I could brush my teeth. Grabbing his toothbrush, Matt did the same. "I already went to brush Matteo's teeth. Well tried to. He didn't co-operate that much because he is getting tired. I thought I could try again tomorrow." I nodded and agreed as I brushed my teeth. "He's sick. If he vomits again tonight, his teeth are going to be dirty anyways." Matt nodded and agreed. "I just feel bad for the little guy. Not only is he readjusting to Chicago but, he's doing it while he's not feeling the best."

I sighed when he said that before brushing up more. "You make a good point. But just curious, do you think he's having trouble adjusting?" I then went to spit and looked at Matt, hoping that we could talk about this regardless of whether he wanted to talka bout it or not. Knowing that was the case, Matt turned to look at me. "Let's talk about this in bed. Matteo is already asleep and we can just hold each other close as we talk about this." I nodded and agreed as I went to grab his hand. Intertwining our fingers, he led me out to bed while shutting off the light.

Matt's POV:
After leading Gabby out to bed, I opened the covers again and went to let her in next to Matteo who was already asleep. Crawling into bed before me, Gabby smiled as she laid down right behind him before looking at me as I went to join her in bed. Bringing her close to me, I closed the covers and then went to grab her hand. "So, about what you asked me. I think Matteo is just a bit confused right now. We say Chicago is home but, for the past few months...we said the same thing about Perto Rico when he asked how long we were staying."

Gabby then nodded as she rubbed my hand. "So you think he's in a state of confusion where he still doesn't understand that we are really home?" I sighed and nodded. "As much as I hate to answer yes, I have to. I mean, who knows how his mind works. And if he's diagnosed with OCD...then his mind might be working overtime with all these questions he has for us but just hasn't asked yet. And then we are going to need to come up with the perfect answer so that he doesn't ask again because I know you are going to get frustrated again if he asks repetedly."

Gabby sighed when I said that and nodded. "That just proves how good you know me." I smiled and nodded before going to kiss her softly. Putting her hand on my cheek, Gabby took her time while kissing me softly until Matteo disturbed us. Rolling over in our bed, Matteo tugged on the covers. "I forgot that he likes to hold the covers close to him." Gabby nodded and agreed as she moved closer to me agian and wrapped her arms around my torso. Putting her hand on her arm, I smiled when she did that before kissing her forehead. 

"Listen, I hate to say this but...I want to make an appointment with Dr. Charles. I know this might be early thinking but...I want to get a diagnosis so we can start him on a treatment plan if he needs it. I know this is going to sound horrible in the way I am wording it but, I don't want you to have to deal with someone else with OCD while you also have it. Does that sound rude?" Gabby nodded. "Yes but, I get what you mean. If he has OCD, that's all I'll think about and it'll make me feel like it's my fault." I then went to push her chin up. "Hey, this isn't your fault."

Gabby nodded and agreed. "Gabby, you are not to blame if Matteo has OCD. I looked it up and wanted to see if it was related to family or stuff. It isn't okay? If he has it, it's just a coincidence. That doesn't mean anything for Ella or Wally. If Matteo has it, that doesn't mean all of our kids will have it, I promise you that." Gabby smiled when I said that before going to kiss me softly. "Listen, can we go to bed and then we can talk about this in the morning? Maybe call Dr. Charles and book an appointment on one of your days off. Sorry, I waint you there for the appointment."

I nodded and understood. "And I want to be there too because I want to get a recommendation for a doctor to go to here in Chicago. I don't want to always have to go to the ER to get your medication adjusted." Gabby smiled and agreed. "Then that's our plans for tomorrow. On the day we are supposed to be celebrating your birthday." I laughed when she said that. "Gabby, you know family comes first for me. It always will. So relax and I promise, I am glad we are going to take care of this. Might give us some answers."

Gabby nodded. "I want to talk about it more tomorrow before we make any final decisions okay? I am not medicated right now and want to just think about it. We can always go on your next day off because it is not pressing." I nodded and agreed kissing her softly. "Goodnight Gabby." Gabby smiled when I said that and nodded. "Goodnight Matt." I smiled as she said that before going to take it slow with her before falling asleep in each other's arms for the night.