Chapter 268

Gabby's POV:
An hour later, we were done eating supper. Having just finished walking out of the restaurant, me and Matt were thinking about going back up to the room when we decided into to do something we never did. Walking outside quickly, I just smiled as we looked up at the stars and held each other close. "Good birthday?" Matt smiled as he came to wrap his arms around me from behind before kissing my head. "This is the best birthday I've had in a long time. To be alone with my wife is exactly what a guy dreams of doing."

I smiled when he said that before turning around in his arms. "But to see you this relaxed just makes it so much better. Gabby, since we got here....I have seen a drastic change and you just seem to be so much more relaxed right now." I nodded and smiled as I stepped close to him. Grabbing his jacket, I brought Matt close to me before leaning up to kiss him softly. Grabbing my butt through my tight dress, Matt took his time to kiss me slowly while moving his hand to my neck and keeping me still. "I love you my miracle."

I smiled when I heard him say that before wrapping my arms around his back. "As much as I hated you calling me that during that fire...I like hearing it now. I am not sure why." Matt smiled when I said that before going to push a strand of hair behind my ear. Rubbing my arm, Matt then just held me close for a bit. "It's probably the fact that I am not saying it when I am in the middle of possibly dying in a fire." I nodded and agreed with him as I went to grab his hands. Intertwining our fingers, I smiled as I looked into Matt's eyes.

That's when I saw Matt's phone flashing in his pocket. Seeing it was Antonio, I went to grab it. "It's Antonio. I don't care if it's your birthday. I want to say goodnight to Matteo." Matt nodded and agreed as I went to answer. That's when I saw it was Antonio. "Woah, you guys look great. But, why are you guys out and not with your kids when I'm not there?" Looking at him, Matt laughed. "Severide got into a fight when Stella. That's why he asked you for the hotel we were staying at. So, he's watching the kids. We just finished supper."

Antonio then looked at us both. "So, what does that mean for Valentine's Day? Am I still coming to watch the kids/taking the babies back here?" Looking up at Matt, I thought about it. "Would you want the hotel room alone for the night or..." Matt then went to grab my hand. "Not yet Gabby. Anyways, we are not getting very sexual anyways. You are still recovering and have surgery coming up at the end of the month. By the way Antonio, did you take that day off to help with Matteo and the babies? Or do I have to talk to your mom?"

Antonio laughed when I asked him that. "Dude, you really think I am going to have time to help you with 3 kids when I have 2 babies. The only reason I can take Matteo right now is because Sylvie's mom surprised us." I was shocked when she said that. "Oh no, your mother-in-law is in town." Antonio nodded and agreed. "Yes, so be grateful that she is. If not, you would have all 3 kids with you guys and you wouldn't be at the hotel. Oh and you guys are going to have to offer us a chance to do the same one night." I was about to say yes when I heard Matt sigh.

Matt's POV:
"Antonio, you know we would if we could but...it's already hard enough sometimes with our own 3 kids with Gabby. And that's even when I am around. I am not sure that I would be comfortable having 5 kids under the age of 2 with Gabby's mental health still being a bit out of wack." Antonio understood. "Sorry, you are so right Matt. I am so sorry about that." I understood. "It's okay Antonio. I think we are all a little tired considering we have young kids. But listen, I think we are going to head back upstairs and go relax in bed. What do you think about that Gabby?"

Gabby then nodded and smiled as she stepped close to me. Whispering in my ear, she smirked. "We have that nice bath I want to use with you." I nodded and agreed, smiling at her before kissing her softly. "Agreed." I smiled and then went to speak to Antonio again. "Listen Antonio, we'll talk another time okay? We are going to head back upstairs to let Severide head home to Stella. Then, we are going to put the babies to bed so we can have some time together." Antonio understood. "Of course. You guys have a good night and Happy Birthday again Matt."

I smiled and agreed with him. "Thanks Antonio." Hanging up the phone, I then smiled at Gabby as I went to grab her hand and intertwined our fingers. "You ready to head back to our room now so we can just relax for the rest of the night? Take that bath I promised?" Gabby nodded and smiled as she let my hand go. "I am more than ready." Grabbing my jacket, Gabby then leaned up to kiss me softly and just smiled as we held each other close for a minute. Kissing her forehead, I grabbed the back of her head while getting ready to take her upstairs.

Once we were ready to go, I went to grab her hand and once again intertwined our fingers. Leading her back inside, I smiled as I looked at Gabby as we made our way back to our room so that we could let Severide head home to Stella before we got into the bath together.