Chapter 310

Matt's POV: Once I finished explaining everything to my mom, I sighed as I went to lean back in my chair while also looking at the time. I saw it was now 1:45 (aka 15 minutes pre-nap time) and I hadn't even started work yet. Going to open my e-mail again, I go to see what I can do quickly when I heard Gabby walk in. "Hey, thought you might want some of this." Turning to look at her, I smiled when I saw that she made me a bowl of Mac n' Cheese. "Awh, the good old Mac n' Cheese. Let me guess, you made lunch instead of me?"

Gabby nodded. "I know you have stuff to do before shift tomorrow. And that you haven't done stuff yet." I then looked at her and shook my head. "I don't have shift until the 16th, so 2 days." Gabby smiled when I said that. "Well, that sounds good. But listen, you keep working. I got it." I then looked at her to get reassurance. Walking up to me, Gabby then put her hand on my cheek and leaned her forehead against mine. "I have this Matt. You get your stuff done because you are not spending time anywhere other than in bed with me tonight."

I smirked when she said that. "Does that involve you know..." Gabby then shook her head. "I put a teddy on for a reason. You do not get to take it off Chief. You already had your fun for the past 2 nights in a row. So, relax." I nodded and agreed as I started to eat. "Did you say that the kids are already asleep or do you have to put them down?" Gabby smiled when I asked her that. "Why?" I then looked at her and rolled my chair back. "Spend a bit of time with me then. Please?" Gabby nodded and agreed as she went to sit in my lap while I put my hand on her leg.

Grabbing my fork, I went to eat again while looking at Gabby. "You are sure the kids are asleep right?" Gabby nodded and smiled. "Matteo didn't sleep at all while you are down here so, I went up there and made sure he was asleep. Turns out he just needed something to eat and then he was out like a light. The other two are already asleep in our bedroom. I am just going to either join them upstairs or sit in the living room when you are done eating." I smiled at her when she said that. "How about the bed? That's where I want to spend today. Cuddling as a family."

Gabby smiled and agreed with me when I said that before kissing my head as she watched me eat lunch. "How's work going anyways?" Going to open my e-mail as she sat there, I read a few e-mails. "Oh just a whole bunch of me figuring out what e-mails apply to me. I need to change unions and things like that. Still getting stuff from the Firefighters union. Need to change to the Fire Chiefs union. That's it really." Gabby nodded and understood. "Well, I completely get that. Remember when I wanted to be a firefighter? Had to do all that with your help."

That's when I saw an e-mail with the forms I have been waiting for. "Finally HR got back to me with that!" Gabby was confused when I said that. "What are you waiting for?" I then went to open them. "This is the forms. They are to update my CFD will and add the babies to my health insurance, well officially. They have given them coverage because I have been presenting my card and their birth certificates." Gabby then sighed as she looked at me before getting up and walking away. "Hey...Gabby, what's wrong?" Gabby then turned to look at me.

"I really don't want to hear the word Will today. I mean, unless it's our friend's name. Matt, it's Valentine's Day. I don't want to think about you dying!" I nodded and understood. "Gabby, it's just me doing all the official stuff and getting it out of the way. I am done with fires. But, I just need to update it. It was either use the CFD lawyers or I have to hire a lawyer myself. I am not going to just leave you without anything." Gabby however didn't like what I said and just walked away. "I will be up in a bit Gabby. Just breathe and we can talk about it."

Going to open the forms, I went to print them off so that I could read them later. That's when I head Gabby close the door upstairs (with force but, not that loud). I then sighed again and decided that I needed someone's advice on this. How about the person that knows her best other than me. That is her brother. God, this is going to be awkward.

Picking up my phone, I went to call Antonio...hoping he would answer.