Chapter 299

Matt's POV: After changing Ella in the washroom, I smiled as I came back out and went to put her on the bed. "Oh boy, she is going to be trouble as she gets older...I can already predict that." Looking up at me as she fed Matteo, Gabby seemed confused when she realized what I was talking about. "How bad was it?" I laughed. "Let's just say that I am glad I still have an appetite. Those pancakes look really good and I am not going to let this little one stop me from enjoying them." Gabby nodded and agreed with me when I said that.

Getting back in bed with her, I smiled as I went to wrap my arm around her and then held her close. "You my sweet girl are going to be trouble when you are older. Just promise your old man right now that you are not going to have too many broken hearts. I don't want to have to beat up a lot of boys." I then went to kiss her head and smiled at Gabby. "You are getting Wally. I am not changing one of those again if it's as bad as I think it's going to be." Gabby nodded and agreed with me as she looked at my food. "Just eat okay?"

I nodded and smiled when she said that before going to start eating. That's when I saw Matteo try and take a bite of my pancake and I smiled. "Hey, you eat your pancakes. Don't steal mine!" Matteo then laughed a bit and smiled. "It's okay buddy, if youw ant more...I can give you more." Gabby then smiled at me. "In fact, I have already eaten enough of mine. You want more Matteo?" Matteo then looked at Gabby and nodded. "Pwease." Gabby smiled and then went to cut up her pancake more. Taking a bite, she then went to give Matteo more on his plate.

I smiled when she did that. "I swear, the things we do for our kids. We are such pushovers." Gabby nodded and smiled when I said that. "Don't even say anything when it comes to me and the boys. You are going to be way worse when it comes to her when she is older. I can already see it now. Daddy, can I get some mommy for a new song? Daddy, come play with me. Daddy, princess tea time." I laughed when she said that and nodded. "Oh, I am making sure that I keep this hair intact for a while. Need to have hair for my tiara."

Gabby nodded and smiled at me. "About that. You do realize that we are going to have to consider moving in a few years. Aren't the babies in 1 room right now?" I then looked at her and nodded. "Just temporarily. I am trying to organize the other room. I was thinking it would be my gym but, I am just going to sell the gym equipment. Maybe I can move my office up there for now and we can put Matteo in there when he's done with naps."

Looking at me, I could tell she was confused. "Where do you put your desk them?" I then realized what she meant. "Or, I can put my office in our master bedroom. Would you be okay with that? Me bringing my desk up there and putting it in the blank corner? That way I am still in the room with you and we can talk. Then, when I am tired...I can come right to join you in bed." Gabby nodded and smiled when I said that. "That's actually a great idea. I mean, we have enough space. In face, I would prefer you do that now. Then, we can put the dinning room table in there. That's what that room is supposed to be anyways."

I nodded and agreed with her. "It's all about trial and error. Heck, I still feel like we need more furniture to fill up that house. We just bought the bare necessities when we moved back. We still have to decorate some of the other rooms. You must want some artwork up." Gabby thought about it and nodded. "Yeah but, let's wait until we have a few mortgage payments done first okay? I also need to talk to Hermann. Need to get my paychecks to come faster." I nodded and understood. "Can you deal with that Gabby? I know I am here to support you but..."

Grabbing my hand, Gabby just nodded and agreed. "Listen, I understand. You have a whole firehouse to take care of. Let me take care of Molly's and you take care of the firehouse. However, I think I might be reconsidering daycare again. As much as I hate to say this...we are going to need to do it for all the kids. I am not going to want to be a stay-at-home mom all the time. I want to work at the bar. I miss it and I want to have something to get me out of the house. Does that make sense?" I bit my lip and nodded. "Can we take it slow though?"

Gabby looked at me and sighed, knowing I had some reservations about it. "Matt, talk to me. What are you thinking and what are your problems?" I then sighed. "I just don't want you to rush it. Gabby, you haven't been here in a long time. Honestly, I am not even sure if I would be comfortable with you doing a Molly's shift alone right now." Gabby looked at me and seemed to be mad when I said that. "What?!? So, I'm allowed to let you work shifts but, I can't do them alone right now. We can get people to watch the kids!"

I then sighed and looked at her. "Gabby, let me explain." Gabby just continued to speak to me, mad. "You want me to be this perfect stay-at-home mom and wife, yet I want my own career. What's up Matt? I already gave up the charity so you could do this! Oh, do I have to give up my bar too? Just tell me what you want and I will bow down and do it...." I then went to yell. "ENOUGH!" Gabby then looked at me and I sighed. "Washroom, right now." Gabby then got up mad and walked awya to the washroom.

Looking at me, Matteo got concerned. "Papa?" I then sighed. "It'll be okay buddy. We'll be right back." Getting up, I went to rub his head before walking away to join Gabby in the washroom.