Chapter 280

Jay's POV:
When I heard Matt say that he is considering inviting his mother-in-law to move in with him and Gabby, I thought I heard him mispeak. "Sorry, did I hear that right? Did you just say that you are considering inviting your mother-in-law to live with you and Gabby?" Matt nodded and smiled at me. "Dude, it's to help her relax. She can't be the only one there to take the kids. And eventually, it'll start being too much to bring them to the firehouse on a daily basis. However, I have just convinced her to put Matteo in daycare when I am at work. I just need to speak to Allison and Linsday at the All-Star Kids Academy to get him back in there."

I smiled when he said that. "What's got you all smiley Halstead?" I laughed and just shook my head. "We have Olivia there during the day. She loves playing with the other kids. If you need to say anything to help convice Gabby to put him there...just let him know that Olivia is there. And that's big. You see, I didn't really have much of a choice as to where I could send her." Matt looked at me, really confused. Sighing, I just shook my head. "Hank gave us a list. He said that these are the daycares which I approve of. My grandkids do not go to any other daycare other than the ones here on this list." Matt laughed and nodded, understanding what I meant.

Shaking his head when I said that, Matt then decided to change the subject. "Okay, enough about that. You mentioned Hank and I would rather not think about him right now." I nodded and understood. "How are Will and Natalie? Is Will back in Seattle now?" I nodded and smiled. "Yeah. She's happy that he's home. Gave her time to relax. By the way, have to say something. How is it that we never run into each other around the neighborhood but we do run into each other when we don't intend to run into each other if you know what I mean." Matt laughed and smiled when I said that. "You should ask my father-in-law that same question."

I was shocked when he brought up Gabby and Antonio's dad. He never speaks about him. "What did he do this time?" Matt shook his head. "He is innocent this time. We just ran into him and his younger girlfriend on his way down here from our room. We are in one of the Junior Suites. And god was I not happy with the neighbors last night. Their dog was yapping and let's just say it wasn't because it had to go to the washroom. It was because the woman was moaning all night long. Surprised that it didn't wake the kids or Gabby up at all. I heard it around 12:30 am."

Looking at him, I blushed and then just went to look down. "Oh my god!" Matt then turned around to look at Erin. "Oh my god Erin, could you have been any louder last night!" Gabby then stared at the both of us. "You guys are in the room next door to ours!" Erin looked at her and laughed. "I guess we are. Double date for the rest of the day? We can have dinner together in one of our rooms." Matt then shook his head and smiled. "Sure, we can hang out while the kids are asleep." 

Matt's POV:
After agreeing to hang out with Jay and Erin when the kids were asleep, I heard Severide walk in with Stella. "Babe, I promise...we are not going to run into them. Let's just get you to the spa...." Turning to look at him, Matt laughed. "So, you guys already made up after your fight last night?" Turning to look at me, Stella blushed. "Hey guys, didn't expect to see you guys here." Gabby then turned to look at her and laughed. "What's with all of our friends choosing the same hotel as us. And don't say we choose the same one as you. Matt booked this a month ago."

I smiled when she said that. "Yeah, I set it up right after you gave birth. I knew that we weren't going to be able to send Ella somewhere else so...I decided that we keep Matteo somewhere central and then leave with the babies to go somewhere." I then looked at Severide. "And how dare you pick this hotel when you knew this was where I was taking Gabby? I asked you about this place because I knew you guys stayed here before." Severide was confused when I said that. "How do you guys know we stayed here before?"

I then laughed. "You guys do realize that they have internet in Puerto Rico. We had access to our e-mails and Facebook." Severide nodded and agreed, realizing how I knew they stayed here. It was because he checked-in that they were staying here on FaceBook a few months ago. "Listen, as nice as it is to see you guys. I am here to take Stella to the spa. You guys have fun in the pool." I nodded and agreed with him as they walked away. Turning back to my conversation with Jay, I laughed. "So, how have you guys been?" Jay smiled when he said that before just looking at me. We then continued to speak for a while as we all had fun in the pool.

NOTE TO READERS:
1) I plan on doing a quick check in with Jay and Erin for a couple chapters (like 2). But I promise, I will get back to Matt and Gabby right after.

2) I want to remind you guys that I am still taking your story ideas. I have previously incorporated them into my series (when I added Wally to the story) and will do it again if I like your idea.

3) Thanks again for reaing my story. Now, back to the story.