Chapter 309

Matt's POV: After making my way downstairs with Gabriel, I smiled as I carried him into my office so that we could get some work done together. Looking at him, I smiled. "You ready to help daddy do some work buddy?" I then went to kiss his head and smiled as I went to sit at my laptop. Not only did I have to work but, I had to print off some forms. Since we already registered Gabriel's birth in Puerto Rico...I had to figure out how to change that. Maybe I can talk to Natalie about this considering she must deal with it sometimes. Plus, she had to do it with Owen.

Checking the time, I saw it was late enough for them to be awake and went to grab my phone before getting up and going to close my door a bit. I then went to open my phone and found Will's contact so I could call him. It was easier to call him instead of Natalie because that way, nobody could accuse me of cheating or the other way around. I was contacing her husband first which made it a lot easier. Plus, I wanted to ask him how his flight back to Seattle went after my birthday party. He should be settled after it by now so, it was time to call him.

Phone Call
Will: Good morning Chief Casey, how can I help you from Seattle?
Matt: I want to talk to someone who knows about a topic me and Gabby need to know.
Will: Is everything okay with her and your kids?
Matt: Oh yeah, we are all great. I am talking to your on a dad-to-dad level okay?
Will: Okay, then what can I do for my fellow dad?

I laughed when he said that because, in complete honesty...it was a little funny. That was something I missed about him being around Chicago. His sense of humor was always the best.

Matt: Well, I am wondering about name change. More specifically Boden's namesake.
Will: Let me guess, brings up hard memories about your former Chief?
Matt: Yeah, it's hard. So, we are going to change to a name we originally chose.
Will: Think I can hear it and then I can tell you what to do?
Matt: Gabriel Elijah Casey. The male version of Gabriela and Elizabeth.
Will: Why Elizabeth?

Matt: You were at Gaffney when Elizabeth Shay was still a paramedic at 51 right?
Will: Yeah, I was there since they reopened the ER.
Matt: Well, she was Gabby's best friend. So, we are naming him after her in male form.
Will: (Laughs) I get it and I love the name. So, you just need to fill out forms found online.
Matt: Okay, how do I find them?

Will: I googled "Illinois Change Baby Name" Costs $15.00.
Matt: What, it costs $15 to change our kid's name? That's crazy!
Will: I know right. But, that's what it costs to change it in the system. Remember, this is a lot.
Matt: I guess you are right. Now, do I just send them to my local hospital or....
Will: No, you have to send them to the Illinois Secretary of State.

Matt: Do I have to tell the hospital that I change our kid's name at least?
Will: Yeah, I would do that since you are changing his first name. You pick a new Pediatrician?
Matt: No, but we are going to have to look. We have been busy after all. Which did you use?
Will: We went to the one at the hospital. I would just go there until you find one you like.
Matt: (Nodding) Okay, well listen...I am going to let you go. Please let Natalie know.
Will: About the name change, of course.

Matt: Oh and by the way, how was your flight back to Seattle from O'Hare?
Will: (Laughs) Long. It was delayed 2 hours.
Matt: Well, at least you are home now. But listen, I have work to do. I have to print off these forms and then, I need to start Chief work.
Will: Of course.
Matt: Say hi to Natalie and congrats again on the kid. Talk later.
Will: Talk later.

Hanging up, I smiled as I went to visit the website for the Illinois Secretary of State. I then went to find the forms I needed before printing them off so that we could send them in. After that, I went to open my e-mail so that I could start my work as Chief of Firehouse 51. Kissing the top of Gabriel's head, I then went to wrap my arm around him to make sure he didn't fall off my lap. Concentrating on my work, I smiled as I just enjoyed a bit of quality time with Gabriel. That's when I saw my phone ring. It was my mom. Answering it, I smiled. "Hey mom."

Nancy: What's this about you changing my grandson's name?
Matt: (Sighs) It's a long story. But it's related to me grieving for my former Chief.
Nancy: I have time.
Matt: (Understands and decides to explain everything to his mom)