Chapter 269

Matt's POV: After making our way back upstairs to our hotel room, Gabby and me were now ready to relax. But first, I had to let Severide out of the suite. "Gabby, just wait to get undressed okay? I am going to just talk to Severide for a minute." Gabby then looked at me and smiled as she walked away to our bedroom to check on the kids. Meanwhile, I stood at the door of our suite with Severide. "So, how were they?" Severide laughed. "What do you expect? All of your kids are just angels for you but they are stubborn SOABs for everybody else." I smiled when he said that. "Serves you right for getting in a fight with Stella. What happened man? Be honest."

Severide sighed. "It's the stupid Ambo thing remember? I want her back on Truck or I want her on Squad with me. I don't want her to throw away all of her progress." I then looked at him. "Oh please don't tell me you used those words." He was confused. "What's wrong with how I said that?" I sighed when he said that. "Severide, she isn't throwing away her progres. She is doing what's best for your family right now. By you saying that she is throwing away everything she earned...you are minimizing the sacrifice that she is making to do right by her kids. Severide, we both know that if she wanted to stay on Engine with a newborn...you would've flipped."

Severide nodded and agreed with me. "You are definitely right there." I smiled when he said that. "Oh, I know I am. I am the chief and your best friend after all." Severide smiled and nodded. "So, what do I do?" I just looked at him. "Let her do whatever she needs to do. If she thinks that she needs to be on Ambulance right now, it might be for other reasons. It might be because she doesn't want him to loose both his parents in a fire. Or it might be the fact that you are pregnant again! Dude, when me and Gabby were pregnant the first time...we weren't even supposed to tell you guys when we did because it was so early. She left for Arson at the Office of Fire Investigations rather than just move from Truck to Ambulance."

Severide nodded and just let me speak. "So be glad that Stella is asking to stay at firehouse 51. I mean, I am not going to let her stay her entire pregnancy but...I am going to let her stay until I think it's too risky. Then I am going to assign her to OFI." He stared at me. "Without talking to me about it first or without my say?" I sighed. "In this case man, I am going to have to pull rank. I am your chief and I need to do what is best for my men and women. Since Stella is one of my firefighter-EMTs...I need to look out for her wellbeing just as much as you do as her husband. So, I am going to talk to Hermann and we are going to make the decision together without you."

However, that last part seemed to set him off. "Dude, why am I not going to be consulted when it comes to that decision? I am her husband." I then sighed. "Severide, you are not going to be consulted because you have blinders up when it comes to her. You want to do right by her yet...you also don't want to make her mad because that isn't good for your marriage. I speak from experience remember? I lost Gabby when I made a stupid move. And I almost lost her before we got married the first time because I made that mistake not to support her in adopting Louie. So man, I speak from experience okay?"

Severide nodded and agreed with me. "Okay listen. We can talk about this another time okay? I am going to head home so that I can say goodnight to Stephen before it gets too late. And I am going to let you go because I know you want some alone time with Gabby." That's when I saw Gabby standing at the door in her lingerie. "Do I ever." She then smirked at me. That's when I saw Severide turn around to look at her and I stopped him. "Sorry, but you are not turning around with what Gabby is wearing right now." He laughed when I said that. "You have a good night okay man? And Happy Birthday once again." I nodded and then went to hug him.

Severide then smiled when I said that before leaving to go home. Closing the door behind him, I smirked when I turned to look at Gabby as she stood in the door of our room just wearing her lingerie. "Okay, that was not cool. What if he had turned around?" Walking up to her, I put my hands on her waist and smiled. "I knew you would stop him. So, that's why I was so confident in doing this." I nodded and agreed with her before going to kiss her softly. "Did you have this on underneath your dress tonight?" Gabby nodded and smiled. "Yes, and I am going to wear it to bed. However...I want to take a bath with you right now."

Nodding, I smiled at her and then moved her hands to my suit jacket. "Care to hep me get undressed?" Gabby nodded and smiled as she went to undo my suit jacket to help me get undressed. Taking her time, Gabby then stepped close to me and kissed me softly. "I love you and I hope you are enjoying your birthday." I nodded and smiled at her as I went to put my hand on her neck. "I am loving my birthday. Now, let's get me undressed and then we can go take a bath together. I think that is what you need right now." Gabby nodded and smiled.

Grabbing my hand, she then led me further into our bedroom so that she could keep getting me undressed on our way to the bath.