Chapter 259

Matt's POV: As I held Gabby in my arms, I just rubbed her back and sighed as I went to kiss her cheek. "Hey, I'm right here Gabby and I promise that I am not going anywhere. You are safe here in my arms. And I am so sorry that we are in this trouble. Can you accept my apology?" Gabby then looked at me and nodded. "Hey, of course I can. Matt, this isn't your fault. Please don't even think that it is okay?" I nodded and understood why she said that.

"However, you need to promise me something okay? I don't care if we are going through this...you can't shut down on my okay? I am your husband andf your biggest supporter. Please promise me that you are going to talk to me." Gabby nodded and sighed as she moved to wrap her arms around my shoulders. Laying her head down on my chest, I just held her close while rubbing her back and kissing her head. "I am here okay Gabby?"

Gabby nodded when I said that before leaning back and looking at me. She then put her hands on my chest before going to kiss me softly. "I just want to say this. Do not ever think that I am going to leave you because you get these threats. You've done it in the past when we dealt with my dad but you are the love my life Matt...you are not leaving me ever again. Especially because it would break our kids hearts if you did leave." I nodded and smiled.

"Who said anything about my leaving you. In fact, when we get to Antonio's...we are going to ask them to watch the kids and I am going to hold you in my arms. I need to just hold you and make you feel safe. I know that's exactly what you need. I just hope that Antonio understands that we need it right now. Think he will understand?" That's when I heard Antonio come back with the kids. "Depends what it is." I then looked at him before going to grab Ella.

Giving me Ella, he smiled. "What you guys need?" I then smiled at him. "We are going to want some time alone. Maybe just me, Gabby and the babies? Matteo can play with his cousin Theo. I mean, if that's okay with you?" Antonio nodded and agreed. "I understand why you guys are going to need to take time so...of course we can watch him. Plus, I know it will help Gabby relax. Whatever I can do to help that happened, I will."

I nodded and agreed. "Listen, how about you guys get going? You start packing Gabby and I promise that I will be there soon in Antonio's car. I just need to talk to Severide and Hermann, tell them what's happening and stuff." Gabby nodded and agreed with me as she went to grab Ella from me. She then kissed me softly. "Stay safe and see you at home. Want me to get your sweats out?" I shook my head. "No, I'll get changed here. Pack them though."

Gabby nodded and agreed. Quickly kissing me, she grabbed my hand and faked a smiled. "Come talk to me in the bedroom when you get home okay? I just need a minute to hold you close." I nodded and agreed. "We will hold each other all day. I promise." Gabby nodded and agreed as she walked away with Antonio and the kids to head home. Meanwhile, I went to get Hermann and Severide so that I could speak to them quickly before heading home.