Chapter 281

An Hour Later in Jay & Erin's hotel room when Jay comes out of the washroom after taking a shower, he overhears Erin on the phone with Hank seemingly yelling at him.

Jay's POV: As I walk into the bedroom to hear Erin yelling at Hank, I get a little concerned but decide to listen to what's happening before I decide to say or do anything. "Hank, I promise we are following your orders and doing the mission. But, it's Sunday and it's also Valentine's Day tomorrow. Sorry if I want to spend a little time with my husband. So yes, I left my phone in my room and only took Jay's for when you needed to speak to us about Olivia...."

I then heard him speak over speakerphone. "Erin, you are there on a mission. You know that your neighbors down the hall are international jewel thiefs. You are to get intel on them." Erin then sighed and just shook her head. "Hank, do I really have to do it on a Sunday? I mean c'mon Hank, you have to give me a break every once and a while!" Hank then spoke up again and it was something I didn't like. "Erin, I let you go home earlier than everybody else."

I then just shook my head while going to join Erin in bed. Looking at me, Erin knew I wanted to take over the conversation. "Give me the phone and let me talk to him Erin." Erin nodded and agreed as she moved close to me. Cuddling up to her, I wrapped my arm around her and went to speak to Hank. "Hank, you still there?" Hank then sighed. "And you, why haven't I gotten that reply yet?" I then sighed and just spoke to him. "Hank, you need to relax okay? Please remember that it's also Valentine's Day weekend. I am not going to spend all my time on a case."

Hank apparently didn't like the sound of that either. "You really think I like giving cases on Valentine's Day? Contrary to public belief, I do care about my employee's private lives and do not want to see their marriages and/or relationship suffer from work." I sighed and knew that was the truth. "Hank, you have to realize that the break was actually work related." Erin looked at me confused. "How was us going to take a swim work related?" Going to put my hand on her stomach, I smiled as I went to rub it. "Or child is more important than the case."

Erin smiled when I said that and then went to grab my hand, kissing me softly. Giving her a quick kiss, I then turned my attention back to Hank. "Hank, I am sorry but...we were both getting quite stressed. We needed to take a minute to take a breather for Erin's health. So, I am sorry if you are mad at me as my boss. However, I would please ask that you not be mad at me as you are also my father-in-law. Hank, do you understand now?" Hank agreed. "I am sorry and you are right Jay. She is pregnant and I didn't think about that. You need break sometimes."

"Thanks for doing that Jay." I nodded and went to kiss her forehead. "Oh, I am not done though." Hank was confused when I said that. "What else do you need to say to me Halstead?" I then cleared my throat. "Let me just be clear. Right now, I am speaking to you as your son-in-law and Erin's husband. Is that understood?" Hank agreed. "Go ahead." I then took a deep breath and got mad at him over the phone. "Hank! What the hell are you thinking right now?!? You really think that calling Erin over the phone and yelling at her is the best idea when she is pregnant!"

Erin turned to look at me and seemingly didn't even think about that. She then went to grab my hand and intertwined our fingers while rubbing my hand. Hank then spoke to me. "Oh god. I am so sorry Erin, I guess I wasn't thinking as your dad for a bit and more as your boss." I sighed when he said that. "Exactly what I mean Hank. Why do you think we left Olivia with you tonight? I knew it would make sure that you stay calm. At least, I hoped it would have." Erin smiled at me and then went to kiss me softly. "Thanks for doing that. It was a good idea." 

I nodded and smiled at her before going to kiss her forehead. "I am willing and ready to do it whenever you need me to. Erin, you are pregnant with our second child and if you need time to relax then we are going to take the time you need to relax." Erin smiled and agreed with me before turning her attention back to the conversation which she was just having with Hank. "Hank, are you mad at us?" Hank made a point to dismiss that thought right away. "Of course I am not mad at you guys. In fact, I'm mad at myself for getting you stressed. Sorry again."

I sighed and agreed with him. "Listen Hank. Take a breather and just relax for a couple days okay? We have had a lot of cases already this year and I don't want you to overwork yourself. Remember Hank, you had a stroke last year. And we are not ready to take over intelligence yet. And neither is Antonio with him having 2 babies. So please Hank, just do us all a favor and take a breather. Go rest and just watch TV for a bit. Either you can do that as a favor to us as your kids or as an order from your Deputies. Remember, when it comes to you taking a break...it only takes a majority for us to force you to take a breather ever since your health scare."

Erin turned her head and nodded. "And Hank, don't you dare think that I am not going to take Jay's side. And not just because you do need to rest. The other reason is that all this talking about this is starting to make my blood pressure rise. And that's not good for the baby." I then turned to look at her and went to grab her hand. "Listen Hank, we are going to let you go okay? I need to get Erin to relax." He understood when I said that. "Of course. You guys have a good time and relax. Forget about what I said and just let me know when you're back at work."

I agreed and smiled when he said that. "Thanks Hank." I then went to hang up before looking at Erin. "What can I do?" Looking at me, Erin seemed confused. "What do you mean?"