Chapter 340

Matt's POV: Once I finished helping Matteo pack up to go to Antonio's and getting the food from downstairs, I sighed when I finally made my way upstairs to bed. I didn't wnat to have to talk about this to Gabby but, I knew I had to. "Here bud, I god you some food to eat. Can you sit on the ground and eat? That way you don't make a mess." Matteo nodded as he went to get on the ground so he could have his leftover lasagna. Gabby then looked at me. "You cut it up for him already right?" I nodded and agreed with her. "Yes, I promise. "Gabby smiled when I said.

Going to join her in bed, I smiled as I wrapped my arm around her and put our big plate in our lap. "I just got us one big one with two forks." Gabby smiled when I Said that before going to grab the fork I brought for her. "Good idea." Leaning up to kiss me, Gabby smiled at me. I then sighed when she did that. "Hey, what's wrong Matt? You just sighed when I gave you a kiss." I nodded and went to take a bite before kissing her forehead. "It's about something me and Matteo talked about downstairs. I am just hoping I said the right things."

Gabby was confused. "What did you guys talk about?" I sighed. "He was just wondering why he was going to Antonio's tomorrow instead of the firehouse. I told him that it's so he could play with Theo. It's more fun than coming to the firehouse. Plus, I have to talk to the detectives tomorrow." Gabby nodded and agreed with me. That's when Matteo looked at me. "Papa, don't cry. I'm okay." I nodded and smiled at him when he crawled over to me. Hugging him, I smiled as we held each other close. "I just want you to know I love you okay?"

Matteo nodded and smiled at me as he went to go back to his food. "I promised that he could come to the firehouse the day after. I didn't know whether we were going to sleep there or come back here?" Gabby then bit her lip. "I would rather sleep here tomorrow night. That way, I can take a shower in between shifts." I then sighed. "It still bothering you? You know, taking a shower at the firehouse." Gabby bit her lip and nodded. "That and I am not ready to show off my body in public. Still not ready." I nodded and understood. "Just remmeber, you are gorgeous."

Gabby smiled when I said that before going to grab her fork to eat some of the food I brought up. "Can we just eat right now? Afterwards, I want to cuddle...like we always do at night. Then we can just fall asleep whenever we are ready." I nodded and agreed with her. "You tired?" Gabby sighed. "Yeah. It's hard waking up in the middle of the night." I nodded and agreed with her, kissing her forehead. "Listen, tomorrow...I will drive Matteo to Antonio's. You come in a little later okay? Don't worry about waking up at the same time as me."

Gabby looked at me when I said that and bit her lip. "We'll see okay? Let me think about it. It's just easier sometimes to go in together. Plus, we are not going to see Matteo for 2 days. I am going to want to say goodbye to him at the same time." I nodded and agreed. "Then here's what we'll do. You can drop me off at the firehouse. Then, go spend a bit of time at Antonio's. How does that sound?" Gabby smiled when I said that. "That sounds great. I didn't even think about that. But, I am going to call Antonio and see if that's okay with him." I nodded and agreed.

"After you finish eating okay?" Gabby then looked at me. "Or now." Gabby laughed and smiled when I said that before going to kiss me softly. Rolling over in bed, she went to grab her phone. Taking a few bites of my food, I smiled as I prepared to listen in on her and Antonio's conversation.