Chapter 330

An hour later when Matt and Gabby are done eating lunch, they pack up all of their things as they get ready to head back home. With all of Matteo's toys packed, Matt has already got him all ready and has just finished putting the babies in their car seats when Antonio walks over to him with one of the babies' sweaters. "I think you left this when you were packing up the diaper bags." Getting up, Matt laughed and nodded. "Yeah, thanks. Sorry about leaving early. Just nap time and you know...it's going to get crazy around here with your nap time starting soon."

Matt's POV:
As Antonio looked at me when I said that, I was nervous as to whether he would take it as a joke/sarcasm or if he would take it as an insult. Luckily for me, he took it as a joke. "Yes, you are right. The babies go down and so do I." I was shocked when he said that and looked at him. "Oh, you really do take a nap when you put your kids down." Antonio nodded. "Well, maybe not today considering Eva and Diego are here. Just need to convince them to stay the night." I sighed when he said that. "I want Diego to go to the restaurant this afternoon. Make up for his missed shift."

Antonio nodded and agreed with me when I said that. "That's a good idea and I will definitely make sure that Diego goes. In fact..." Turning to look into the living room, he saw Diego and Maddy sitting together while watching TV. "You tell him, you're his boss." I nodded and agreed. "Diego!" Diego then turned to look at me. "I am calling Hermann on my way home. You have shift in an hour. That's for missing your last shift. And I don't want to hear you complain. I can fire you for missing shift. So, be glad that I am giving you another chance to make it up to us."

Diego smiled when I said that. "Thank you so much uncle Matt. I promise, you won't regret this." Diego then looked at Maddy. "Sorry babe, I need to go to work. I almost lost my job." Maddy nodded and agreed as she watched him get up. Meanwhile, Maddy turned to look at me. "Thanks a lot. I was going to have a nice date. But now, you had to ruin it." I then stared at her and was shocked. "Excuse me? Who are you thinking you can talk to me like that?" Going to grab my jacket, I put it on and looked at her. "I am your boyfriend's uncle and boss. I pay for your dates." Antonio then turned to look at me. "That is very true."

I nodded and looked at Antonio. "Damn straight it is. So little miss, shut it or else you aren't going to have anymore date nights because your boyfriend is going to be without a job. Me and my wife gave him this job without him having to apply because he is our nephew. You want nice dates with my nephew, shut your yapper and cut it with the attitude. Or else, I will make sure that you don't get free dates when Diego brings you to the restaurant. You can pay for him."

Maddy then continued. "But, the guy always pays." However, Gabby wasn't having any of that. "Oh, grow up woman. We don't live in the 1950s anymore. Women are just as capable of paying for our own dates. Now, pack up your things and stop being a bitch to my husband. Heck, you shouldn't have even been here today." She then glared at Gabby when she said that. "We barely know you and we had all 3 of our kids here. So, sorry if that shouldn't have been a hint that you shouldn't be here. Oh and I wanted my son to play with his cousin. You ruined that."

I looked at Gabby and smiled at her. Wrapping my arm around her, I went to whisper in her ear. "When we get home, we are going to bed. That was really attractive." Gabby smiled and agreed when she saw Matteo walk over to us, looking tired. "You ready to go for a nap when we are home buddy?" Matteo then nodded as he walked up to Gabby. Gabby then smiled at him when Antonio walked up to her. "It was nice seeing you. Listen, I have tomorrow off. Have a routine physical in the morning. If you want, I can stop by and help with the kids."

Gabby then looked at him. "No, you are going to come home, that way you can take care of your wife and kids. Plus, I am going to the firehouse. But, Matteo is going to come here for the night so...thanks for offering." Gabby then turned to look at Matteo. "You like that idea buddy? You coming to spend the night at uncle Tonio's?" Matteo then nodded. "Can I play with Theo more?" Antonio nodded as he bent down and looked at him. "You can play with him all you want if you come here tomorrow. How does that sound little man?" Matteo nodded and went to hug him.

Gabby then turned ot look at me and smiled. "You okay with that?" Turning to look at Antonio, I smiled. "Can you keep him for the night? We can pick him up after our 2nd shift." Antonio nodded and agreed. "Of course. Just make sure that you bring everything." Gabby smiled and agreed as she went to hug Antonio. She then looked at me and smiled. "We sleeping at the firehouse or at home?" I bit my lip. "At home tomorrow. However, he stays here." Antonio nodded and agreed. "I'll meet you guys at the firehouse okay? Think Theo can see the trucks?"

I nodded and smiled. "Of course he can. I mean, if he is there when we are there. Just don't be too late. I don't want to have to overwhelm Gabby. You know that'll happen if you are late." Antonio nodded and understood. "Of course, I promise. Now, you guys head home. Have a good night and see you in the morning." I nodded and smiled when he said that before looking at Gabby as I went to lead her outside. However, Gabby stopped. "Can you take them outside? I want to talk to my brother quick okay?" I then got a bit worried. "All good?"

Gabby then looked at me. "Matt, two minutes okay?" I nodded and agreed, walking out so that I could leave Gabby alone to talk to her brother.

Gabby's POV:
Once Matt left to go outside with the kids, I turned to look at Antonio and sighed. "Tomorrow morning, I want all of your bottles that even look like whisky bottles out of your house okay? I don't care if it's just water in there. I saw that bottle and I got worried. You know that when I get worried....I get really worried. So, if it's not for your sake...can you do it for me? I don't want to see all of your progress just be gone. I care too much." Antonio nodded and agreed, hugging me.

"I promise Gabby, I am not going to drink." I sighed and looked at him. "Antonio, until all of your whisky bottles are out of here...it's going to be on my mind. And you know that when something is on my mind...it doesn't leave my mind until something calms me down." Antonio nodded and agreed. "I will make sure to pack them up. I promise." Wrapping his arms around me, I felt Antonio kiss my forehead. "Sylvie, can you make sure he does it." Sylvie nodded and agreed. "Of course. They will be ready for you in the morning."

I smiled as I went to hug her. "Thanks. By the way, you need to stop by at the firehouse sometime soon. Come for supper tomorrow maybe?" Sylvie bit her lip and shrugged. "We'll see. Maybe the day after tomorrow. I don't want to risk you wanting Matteo back if you see him. You know that'll happen Gabby." I nodded and agreed. "Then the day after tomorrow sounds good. See you in the morning Antonio and you the day after tomorrow Sylvie." I then smiled as I waived to them before walking out to the car so that we could head home.