Chapter 204

Matt's POV: Once I finished all my errands, I smiled when I was back home with a bag from target in one hand and the bag from Molly's in the other. While it was still early for supper, I was glad we had food so we didn't have to cook. Setting it down on the bench at the door, I made sure the food didn't move while I took off my jacket and hung it up in the closet. Once that was done, I went to grab the bags again before making my way into the house when I saw Gabby in the kitchen seemingly in pain. "Gabby, you okay?" Gabby then turned to look at me. "Just a cramp."

I then sighed as I walked over to her, setting the bags down on the counter. "You've been overworking yourself again Gabby. What did I tell you? You need rest babe. Please, just take it slow. Now, where are the kids?" Gabby then looked at me. "Matteo is in his room playing while the babies are in the living room. Wally is naping while Ella is just chilling in her crib." I nodded and agreed. "Then go get Ella and sit on the couch. I will take care of all this for you." Gabby nodded and agreed as she walked over to the living room so she could sit down on the couch.

Opening the bags from target, I then went to grab a couple groceries I bought before putting it in the fridge to top up our food supplies. Meanwhile, I made sure to put Gabby's tampons and my new deodorant by the stairs so that it would make it's way upstairs at one point. "Hey, so I got you a late afternoon snack to have. You hungry for something from Molly's?" Gabby then turned to look at me and nodded. "I am always hungry for food from Molly's." I laughed and agreed with her before going to grab her Chicken Qesadilla and my Chicken Caesar wrap.

Once I had them out, I went to grab the rest of the food we bought at Molly's so I could put it in the fridge. "Gabby, other food in the fridge right?" Gabby then turned to look at me and nodded. "Sure. The salad is for tonight and so are the ribs, etc." I smiled and agreed. "Can't wait." She laughed and agreed with me when I said that. I then proceeded to put the bag with our food for supper in the fridge while also taking out our lunches to set them onto the counter. Once that was done, I walked over to the cupboard and grabbed some plates.

Putting our lunches on some plates, I then went to grab some waters for us before walking over to the couch. "Here, this is what you ordered." Gabby smiled and agreed as she went to grab the plate before grabbing her drink. Taking a bite of my wrap, I then decided to tell Gabby about who I saw at the restaurant. "So, I ran into Donna and Terrence at the restaurant." Gabby then turned to look at me. "How are they?" I nodded. "Probably as good as they can be when they lost their husband and father just a month or so ago."

Gabby nodded and agreed. "But, it turns out that she kept him dying a secret for 24 hours before telling anybody." Gabby was shocked when I said that. "I mean, what do you think about that?" I sighed. "I have mixed feelings. Had I known about that, I could've gotten here faster...made the funeral and made it back to watch you give birth. Then again, I can also see that maybe she neded more time to adjust. It's hard when someone dies. I know you didn't really want to talk about Shay's death when it happened. It was hard on you."

Gabby just shook her head when I tried to compare the two. "Matt, you can't compare those two deaths. I should've been the one that died instead of Shay. We switched places remember?" I nodded and understood while going to grab her hand. "I am glad that you didn't though. Because then, we wouldn't have this amazing life together with our 3 wonderful children." Gabby smiled when I said that and agreed with me before kissing me softly. "Can we just eat? Then we can go upstairs and cuddle. I think I need more rest."

I nodded and agreed. "We can bring Matteo upstairs into our bedroom. He can bring some toys upstairs and play with them in there instead of in his room. That way we can have it all. We can cuddle in bed while also keeping an eye on him." Gabby laughed and nodded when I said that before going to eat lunch with me so that we could make our way upstairs. "Wait, I just remembered something. I got Matteo some lunch too." Gabby then turned to look at me. "Then can you go get him? I will finish eating so that I can help him eat."

I agreed and nodded, setting my food down on the coffee table before getting up and making my way upstairs to Matteo's room to get him for an afternoon snack.