Chapter 284

Matt's POV: After putting the new charms on Gabby's charm bracelet I got for her a few years back, I smiled as I looked at the charms. One of them was Ella's birthstone...while the other was Wally's birthstone. I had our 3 kids' birthstones in order on there. And she herself bought some that benefited various charities and also represented things she likes to support. These included the Boys' & Girls' Club of Chicago, as well as the CFD and CPD Charities that fund the charitable missions we were a part of in Puerto Rico until last year. I then smiled as I looked at them.

Walking back out, I saw Gabby just laying down...patiently waiting for me to return with her bracelet. "I wonder what you got me." I laughed and smiled at her. "Okay, you already know the gift obviously...but, there are stories behind the new charms I put on your bracelet." Gabby nodded and agreed. "Can't wait to hear them." I smiled and agreed as I went to sit next to her. "Here, let me put it bak on and then I can explain the new charms." Gabby nodded and agreed, smiling at me. "Wow, 6 new charms." I nodded and smiled at her.

Wrapping my arm around her, I held her hand and smiled as I grabbed the individual charms. The first one? Ella's birthstone. "Okay, so as you know...I like to buy you guys that have meanings behind them. And since we last updated this, a lot happened. And I got some to represent those events, others have other reasons." Gabby nodded and smiled when I said that. "Well, the first three are easy to explain. They are letters. E for Ella, W for Wally and B for Boden." Gabby smiled when I said the last one. "I like that. Having B for Boden is a nice touch."

I smiled when she said that before going to wrap omy arm around her. Running my fingers, through her hair, I then went to kiss her forehead softly. "Now, for the other 3. The first one is one that I bought from the Boys' & Girls' Club of Chicago. The other 2 are for the CFD and CPD charities respectfully. Thought you'd like that." Gabby smiled and nodded when I said that. "I love it Matt. It's gorgeous and so sentimental." I smiled when she said that before leaning down to kiss her softly. "I love you." Gabby smiled and nodded. "I love you too."

Wrapping my arm around Gabby more, I smiled as I went to kiss her forehead before looking down at her. "Next year, I am not getting you some okay? I think that's enough for now." Gabby laughed and agreed. "Maybe you can get me new earings or something." I smiled and nodded. "Don't expect diamond earings or anything. I do not have the money for that considering how much we already spend." Unfortunately, Gabby took that more seriously and it seemed to worry her. "Matt, are we spending too much that we are low on cash? Then I can't..."

I then shook my head. "Hey, relax and look at me. We are not overspending and we are fine. We will always be fine. It's just...our expenses are much higher than last year considering we have moved to Chicago again, we have 3 kids and I also have to go to work more. But the Tesla charging is helping." Gabby nodded and agreed with me when I said that. "Good, because I do not want us to have money problems." I nodded and understood. "And we won't...so you don't have to worry about that okay?" Gabby nodded and smiled when I said that.

Leaning down to kiss her softly, I smiled as I took it slow with her until we were disturbed by Wally crying. "Seriously man? I am about to kiss your mom and you need me now?" Gabby laughed when I said that before kissing my chest softly. "I promise, we will kiss a lot later when we are watching the movie. Can you just go get him for me and I can feed him? I mean, unless you want to bottle feed him?" I smiled when she said that. "Did you make some bottles?" Gabby nodded and then pointed to the fridge. "In the fridge." Getting up, I went to grab one.

Getting it out of the fridge, I smiled when I got one before going to grab Wally from his crib. That's when I went to check on Ella and saw that she was still fast asleep. "Apparently, Ella doesn't need to be fed yet considering she is still fast asleep." Gabby nodded and agreed. "Then think maybe I can take a nap until she wakes up?" I nodded as I went to get back in bed with her. "Hey, of course you can. Can you hold him? I can grab my laptop and done some work while you are napping." Gabby then looked at me. "What type of work?"

I then sighed. "I need to do e-mail correspondence and I am still doing my course on being a chief. They already know I am going to pass, that's how I was able to become chief." Gabby nodded and understood. "Here, give him to me. Get your laptop and then you can work while I take a nap. And I might feed him quickly. Then you can just keep him in his crib if you bring it next to you. It rolls and can act as a cot instead of a crib right now." I nodded and agreed, giving Wally to grabby before going to get up so that I could move his crib.

"Want to move both the cribs next to our bed? That way it's easier at night." Gabby nodded and smiled when I said that. "Please but, you take Ella instead of him. She always calms down easier for you." I nodded and smiled when she said that before going to move the cribs next to our bed so that afterwards, I could do a little bit of work that I need to do since I am chief.