Chapter 288

Gabby's POV: When Matt asked me whether I want to go to the spa this morning, I was shocked. I mean...that was so out of the blue. Yet, I was actually considering it. "First of all, where did that come from?" Matt smiled as he looked at me. "Babe, you are obviously still really stressed out when it comes to the situation with your dad. If you want to go to the spa and get a massage, go right ahead. After all the stress you've been through in the past 12 months...you've earned it." Gabby smiled when I said that. "You sure that it isn't just you wanting to get your work done."

I shook my head. "I mean...if the kids are asleep and you are gone, might as well do something productive." Gabby thought about it and smiled. "Maybe I can ask Erin if she wants to join me. I mean, she must want a massage with her being pregnant and all." I then nodded. "Didn't we say that we were going to hang out today?" I nodded and agreed. "Here, let me call them both." I smiled and agreed with her before watching as she went to grab the phone so that she could call Jay and Erin next door. "Speakerphone please." Gabby nodded and agreed.

Putting it on speakerphone, Gabby smiled as we waited for Jay and/or Erin to answer. And luckily they did. "Morning guys, what do we owe the pleasure?" Gabby laughed when Erin said that. "Hey Erin, listen...I was going to head down to the spa today. After how crazy the past year has been for us...he said I should go. Wondered whether you might want to come?" Erin laughed when she said that. "Depends whether my husband can spare me for a couple hours. I wouldn't mind getting a professional massage done considering I am pregnant."

Jay agreed with her. "Depends what Matt is doing." I laughed when he said that. "I am going to do some chief work. Gabby wanted to go so, I can it instead if you can help me watch the kids. Might as well take advantage of the time. And then after, we can order lunch for all of us and eat in here. I know it's Valentine's Day weekend but...what are the odds that we are both here in adjoining rooms? Oh and you are here without Olivia." Erin then laughed. "About that. She was with Hank last night until after our swim. She's with us because he had a major crime."

Matt sighed when she said that. "So, that means that it would be the dads with all 3 kids today. And then, it would be the girls at the spa. Is that what we are doing?" Erin then agreed. "Uhm, hell yes. Thanks for offering boys. Gabby, give me 20 minutes and then we can head to the spa. You must've already made bottles if Matt is offering to send you to the spa."  I laughed and agreed with her when she said that. "Yeah. So, see you soon." We all agreed and I smiled while going to hang up. Looking at Matt, I went to kiss him softly. "You're the best."

Smiling as he kissed me, Matt nodded. "Yes, I am. I know this is Valentine's Day but...ever since you mentioned your dad earlier, I knew that if you asked to go the spa that I would say yes. You deserve it." I smiled when he said that. "I love you so much. Now listen, I am going to get dressed to go to the spa. Can you clean up a bit and make the bed? That way Jay can sit with you, unless you are going to use the desk." Matt nodded and agreed. "Gabby, just go get showered and ready to go. Me and Jay can figure that out. You just go have a break with Erin."

I smiled and agreed with him, giving him one last kiss before walking away to take a shower and get changed to go to the spa with Erin.

NOTE TO READERS: Sorry if this was out of the blue but, I have this idea for a Matt-Jay scene. And since they are both at the hotel...I want to take the opportunity to write it. (Regardless of the fact that I already had a Dawsey-Linstead scene just a few chapters ago). Hope you are still enjoying the story. I plan on continuing for a while and I hope you continue to read. Thanks again and don't be afraid to send me ideas! -DawseyForever