Chapter 235

Matt's POV: After taking a shower with Gabby, I smiled as I was now just sitting in bed after getting dressed to have a bit of cuddle time with Ella. She was still asleep since we woke up early but boy was I glad she was the only one awake. That's when I heard Gabby come out of the washroom wearing a nice, loose top with a pencil skirt. Turning to look at her, I couldn't help but stare as I watched her pack a bag of clothes to bring to the firehouse since she was staying overnight. Just staring at her, I was speechless because I only had one thought...damn my wife looked delicious and boy was I in trouble if I had to look at that all day.

That's when Gabby turned to look at me. "Why are you staring at me like that?" Deciding to get up and putting Ella down on the bed, I walked over to Gabby and smiled while wrapping my arms around her. "Because my wife looks amazing in what she's wearing." I then went to bring her close to me before kissing her softly. "And she doesn't look pregnant anymore which is even sexier." Gabby smiled when I said that and nodded as she put her hands on my chest. "So listen, are we staying the night at the firehouse? Because last time I checked...we weren't going to do that?" I sighed when she asked. "I feel guilty about it. I mean, I am chief."

Gabby nodded and understood as I let her go before going to sit down again. I then went to grab my iPad from my side drawer so that I could bring it with me. "I mean, you understand right? I don't want to have to leave right in the middle of the night and wake all of the kids up here at the house. By the way, I am glad that you are bringing all of the kids for my birthday. I really appreciate it because I want to spend my birthday with them." Gabby smiled and nodded when I said that before hearing Matteo walk into our room. I then smiled at him. "Hey buddy. You coming to say good morning to daddy on his birthday?"

Matteo then nodded as he ran over to me. Bending down to grab him, I then went to hug him and smiled while wrapping my arms around him. "Happy birthday papa." I smiled while holding him close before giving him a kiss. "Listen, daddy has a gift for you. You are going to come spend time at the firehouse with us okay bud?" Matteo liked the sound of that. "I am?" I nodded. "I want to spend my birthday with my little boy. How about you go pick out a teddy bear to bring along for when you are sleeping and pick out a few toys and books? Daddy promises to spend as much time as possible with you today. It's my birthday after all."

Matteo smiled and agreed before walking away to go get some books and toys. Getting up, I then looked at Gabby. "I plan on holding you to that. And just to let you know, this is only until I get uncomfortable. Once that happens, I am changing into some sweats." Gabby then went to grab some sweats from her dresser while I looked at her. "Sounds good. Now, you want me to go make us breakfast?" Gabby then turned to look at me. "You will do no such thing! That has already been taken care of." I was confused when she said that. "What do you mean by that?" Gabby then heard the door and smiled. "Go see who it is." I nodded and agreed.

"Uhm, I will be back to finish packing my bag I guess?" Gabby nodded and agreed. "You still have to help me with the babies and stuff. In fact, you are not carrying it. He'll get it. Just send him up." I was confused when Gabby said that. "Okay, I am completely lost with everything but...I am going to trust that you know what you are doing and saying. So, I am going to send whoever you are talking about upstairs when I open the door." Gabby smiled and agreed. "You have permission to start yourself some coffee but, that's it. Understood?" I nodded and agreed before walking over to her. I then decided to kiss her quickly. "You already pump."

Gabby then sighed and looked at me. "I forgot to do it. I think we have 1 or 2 bottles left. I am going to pump quickly. Can you make Matteo breakfast and then come back up to help me zip up?" I nodded and agreed before going grab my bag. "Your bag ready?" Gabby shook her head when I asked. "No, just go downstairs. Matt, we are up early and have time. Just relax and go before the doorbell rings again. Oh, the cribs. Want me to..." Gabby then stared at me and got frustrated. "MATT, JUST GO OPEN THE DOOR! STOP TALKING AND JUST LET ME GO THROUGH MY MORNING ROUTINE! I HAVEN'T TAKEN MY PILLS YET!" I then sighed.

Walking over to her, I then went to move my hand to Gabby's neck before bending down to kiss her softly. "Take a few deep breaths, go take your medicine and I will go get the door. I'm sorry." Gabby nodded and agreed. "And I'm sorry for yelling. Just please go downstairs." I nodded and agreed before going to grab my phone and walking away to go get the door downstairs, letting Gabby have a minute by herself to calm down and finish getting ready.