Chapter 253

Matt's POV: After leaving my office and letting Severide speak to Grissom in there, I made my way to the common room before looking at Gabby as she sat in our regular seats. Seeing that Ella was asleep on her chest...I smiled at the sight. That's when I decided to bend down and look at her. "Listen, I was going to go get some rest in the bedroom office. You care to join me?" Gabby turned to look at me and smiled when I said that. "Sounds good."

Getting up, I smiled at her and then looked at Matteo. "Matteo, come here okay. It's nap time." Matteo then looked at me. "Okay." Hermann was shocked when he did that. "Did he just say okay to nap time?" I nodded and smiled. "What can I say? He gets tired during the day and really likes his nap time. Maybe it's because he gets to sleep under this comfortable blanket, eh buddy?" Matteo then nodded. "I like my blankie. I go to the bedroom now."

I nodded and smiled as I let him go before looking at Gabby. "Hermann, if I am asleep...make sure you wake me up before you go anywhere. I am still Chief and I will be at any scene." He laughed and agreed as I watched Gabby get up. Going to grab her hand, I smiled as I went to grab Wally from her. "You tired little man?" Wrapping my arm around both him and Gabby, I kissed his forehead softly while getting ready to go to the back office to get some rest.

"Just curious, you really want to rest or are you just using this as a way to get me alone in our bedroom?" I smiled when she asked me that. "I really want some rest. If I need to go out in the middle of the night, I don't want to get tired. Just make sure that you don't get mad at me if I have to wake you up when I need to go work." Gabby nodded and agreed with me when I said that. "Of course Matt. I understand that you are chief. That means you need to get up."

Walking down the hallway past the other officer's offices, I saw Chief Grissom leaving and smiled at him. "Are those your kids Matt?" I nodded. "Yeah, the first one is already in the bedroom we have in there. He needs a nap and so do I." He agreed and smiled. "Congratulations again on the kids and I hope to see you back someday in the distant future Gabby." Gabby nodded and agreed. "We'll see. Just make sure I can stay at 51. This is my family and need to be here."

I nodded and agreed with her while going to rub her back. "Gabby, I already have that all set up. They already know about your medical history, and they know that the only house you can be placed at is mine." Gabby smiled when I said that. "Listen, I am going to get comfortable in the office." I smiled and nodded. "I am on my way right now." I then then to shake Grissom's hand. "Thanks again for coming. I will see you in the future." Grissom agreed. "Chief meeting March 4th - 9 am at CFD Headquarters."

I sighed when he said that. "I am actually not in then. I am on leave so that I can be with Gabby after her surgery. So, It will have to be the April meeting. I'm sorry Commissioner. This surgery was scheduled when we gave birth. But I am positive that Severide woul love to go in my place." Severide then turned to look at me and nodded. "Am I allowed to send a representative?" Grissom laughed and agreed. "Considering it's surgery and you have 3 kids, of course it is." I smiled and nodded. "See you next time."

He agreed and smiled while shaking my hand. I then proceeded to continue to my bedroom office so that I could get some rest with Gabby.