PROLOGUE

May 23rd, 2009 (The Night Of The Accident)

It was almost midnight in the town of Mystic Falls, while most people were asleep, Brayden Salvatore was aimlessly walking on the empty roads of Mystic Fall, he didn't know where he was going, he just kept walking.

Coming back to Mystic Falls was hard for Brayden, everytime he came back to this cursed town, he was always reminded of what he lost, his father, the love of his life, his brothers, and even himself.

Brayden hoped that this time, Mystic Falls won't give him pain, he just hopes that for the first time Mystic Falls doesn't take something from him, instead gives him something back, gives him his Kaitlynn back.

Brayden's chain of thoughts were broken when he heard a girl sobbing, being the curious person he was, Brayden followed the noise, which led him right towards a blonde girl, sitting on the side of the road crying.

"Stupid Caroline, insecure Caroline, shallow Caroline" The mystery girl said, throwing rocks on to the empty road.

Brayden was attempted to just walk away, he wasn't the type of person to get into teenage drama, instead he hated teenagers with a passion, but for some reason this blonde female infront of him intrigued him, he wanted to know why a girl like her was sitting on the side of the road crying, so against his better judgement, Brayden walked over to the mystery girl.

"Hey, are you okay?" Brayden asked.

The blonde female looked towards Brayden in shock, her eyes wide, she quickly wiped her tears and turned around her back to Brayden, not wanting him to see her cry.

"Please go away" The girl whispered.

Brayden was attempted to just walk away, but for some reason, his feet didn't agree with his mind, as he absentmindedly walked closer to the girl and sat next to her.

"You know, talking to strangers help, they don't judge you unlike the people you know" Brayden said.

"How do I know your not a psycho murder?" The mystery girl asked, still not facing Brayden.

"Trust me, if I wanted you dead, you will be dead already, I wouldn't being sitting on the side of this empty and creepy road, waiting for you to tell me why a beautiful girl like you is sitting here and crying?" Brayden asked.

The blonde girl, slowly turned and faced Brayden, "Beautiful?".

"I mean, your not hideous looking Princess" Brayden teased.

"I might be beautiful from the outside, but from the inside I'm hideous" the girl cried, "I'm shallow, I'm too loud, I say inappropriate things in a inappropriate manor, I'm never the first choice, it's always Elena, no matter how much I try, it's never me, god, why is it never me?".

"Let me guess, first heartbreak?" Brayden asked, knowing that feeling all to well.

"There was this guy I liked, I thought he liked me to, but turns out he was only talking to me to get closer to my best friend, Elena, even though she already has a boyfriend, I try so hard, but it's never enough".

"Well Princess, have you thought maybe your trying to hard for people who don't deserve it?" Brayden asked.

"What?" The girl asked confused.