eight

08. 162 Candles

After spending the night at Caroline's, Brayden finally made his way back to the Boarding House, he was going to his room, but stopped when he hard a familiar voice coming from Stefan's room.

"No way" Brayden whispered, going towards Stefan's room.

"If some freak shot at me with wooden bullets, I'd bail in under 60" Brayden heard, "And why is a news reporter hunting vampires?".

"Lexi?" Brayden asked shocked.

"Brayden!" Lexi yelled, jumping off of Stefan's bed and into Brayden's arms, "God, I missed you asshole".

"I missed you too" Brayden said, "But what are you doing here?".

Lexi broke the hug, "I'm here for Stefan's birthday, and to spend the day with my two best friends".

Brayden smiled, "Are we going to do the same madness we always do when we get together?".

"Obviously" Lexi replied, playfully nudging Brayden, "And like every time, I'm going to separate you from your dickhead of a twin and force you to spend time with your younger brother".

Stefan and Brayden were poles were apart, they had nothing in common, except one thing, their best friend, Lexi. Every few years Lexi would force Brayden to leave Damon and spend time with her and Stefan, it was her attempt to fix Brayden and Stefan's broken relationship, and for a while it would work, but as soon as Lexi left, they would always go back to their old way, but with Lexi, both Brayden and Stefan always forgot their old feud and allowed themselves to be brothers, even if it was for a small moment.

"How exciting" Brayden said sarcastically, "But while your here, just be careful okay? I'm sure Stefan has already told you, there's people here who know about us".

"Ugh! Why stay?" Lexi asked, the two brothers, sitting back on Stefan's bed, while Brayden sat on his table, "I'm headed to New York for the weekend, Bon Jovi, in the Garden, Wanted Dead or Alive, it's our theme song, it'll be a blast".

"Hey, do you guys think that he would actually remember us?" Stefan asked his brother and friend, "That was a pretty crazy weekend, huh?".

"We can make him remember us" Lexi replied.

"Yes we can" Brayden said.

"Come on, let's go, I mean, what's keeping you both here?" Lexi asked.

"I told you, her name is Elena" Stefan replied, making Brayden roll his eyes, and Lexi give him a questioning look.

"Well, let's hope she's better than the last girl you got all sprung over" Lexi said, grabbing the picture of Katherine and Kaitlynn.

"She's not" Brayden said, taking the photo from Lexi, making her roll her eyes.

"You didn't even know Katherine" Stefan said, ignoring Brayden.

"Because if I did I'd kick her ass, the little bitch" Lexi said.

"I would pay to see that" Brayden said, high fiving Lexi.