three

03. Bad Moon Rising

"Thanks for coming, Ric" Damon said, letting Alaric in, "Can I get you something to drink? Coffee, bourbon, bourbon in your coffee?".

"Elena mentioned you needed my help" Alaric said.

"Let's just hurry and get this over and done with, I have a newly turned vampire girlfriend to go see" Brayden said.

"We were hoping you could help shed some light on the Lockwood family" Stefan told Alaric.

"Now why would I know anything about the Lockwoods?" Alaric asked confused.

"Well, you wouldn't" Damon replied.

"But your bitchy, manipulative, evil, not so dead ex-wife might" Brayden said, causing Elena to glare at him, while he simply gave her a mock smile.

"Isobel's research from when you guys were at Duke together" Elena clarified.

"You said that she had spent years researching this town" Stefan remembered.

"Isobel's research here in Mystic Falls was rooted in folklore and legend" Alaric informed, "At the time, I thought most of which was fiction".

"Like that amazing vampire story" Damon said.

"Aside from vampires, what else?" Elena asked.

"The lycanthrope" Alaric replied.

"Wonderful, now we have werewolves, just what I needed" Brayden said, downing his glass of bourbon.

"No way, impossible" Damon said, "Way too Lon Chaney".

"Is it?" Stefan asked.

"I believe it" Brayden said.

"I've been on this planet 160-some-odd years, never come across one" Damon said.

"Just cause you haven't come across a werewolf, doesn't mean it doesn't exist" Brayden said.

"If werewolves exist, where the hell are they?" Damon asked.

"Well, here" Brayden replied, "A town we've avoided for a century".

"Well, why do you suspect the Lockwoods?" Alaric asked confused.

"Because vervain didn't affect the mayor on Founders Day, but the Gilbert device did" Damon replied, "And it affected his son Tyler".

"And at the school carnival, his Uncle Mason exhibited, inhuman behavior when he fought one of the carnival workers" Stefan informed, "It suggested some sort of a supernatural entity".

"Hey Elena, has Bonnie told Tyler the reason as to why his dad is dead, is because she decided to betray us?" Brayden asked.

"Brayden" Stefan warned.

"Don't Brayden me" Brayden snapped, "You both have broken up, so why the hell is she still butting in our business?".

"I'm here to protect the people I care about" Elena snapped.

"Liar" Brayden said, "You want Stefan's attention, news flash, you're not getting it, Fae is back, you are no longer needed".