seven

07. Haunted

Stefan speeded over to Vicki and pulled her off of Tyler before she could attack him.

"Let go of me!" Vicki yelled, struggling in Stefan's grip.

Tyler tried to run away, but Damon and Brayden blocked his way.

"What's going on Stefan?" Tyler asked, confused, "What's wrong with her?".

"You don't talk" Damon warned.

"Screw you, dude" Tyler snapped.

"Dude?" Damon asked, "Really? Dude?".

"Damon, don't" Stefan warned.

"Oh, come on, who's gonna miss this idiot?" Damon asked, causing Tyler to punch him.

"You're digging your own grave" Brayden told Tyler.

"Don't you hurt him!" Vicki yelled.

Brayden rolled his eyes, and ignoring Vicki, Brayden held Tyler by his neck and started to compel him, "Forget what Vicki did to you, forget everything you saw tonight, forget that any of us were here".

Brayden threw Tyler on the floor, and by the time he recovered, all four vampires were gone.

***

"Matty?" Vicki said, calling her brother.

"Vicki, where are you?" Matt asked, "Are you okay?".

"Yeah, I'm okay" Vicki replied.

"Tell me where you are and I'll come get you" Matt said.

"No, Matty" Vicki denied, "I just need some time to figure things out, just know that I'm okay, okay? Please don't worry about me", Vicki hanged up on her brother and turned to the three vampires, "I don't understand why I have to stay coped up here, why can't I just go home?".

"Because you're changing, Vicki, and it's not something you wanna do alone" Stefan replied.

"There's nothing about that Logan guy I killed in here, not a word" Damon said, reading the newspaper.

"Seems like someone is covering it up" Brayden said, examining the compass he took from Logan.

"What is that?" Vicki asked Brayden.

"A compass" Brayden replied nonchalantly.

"A very special, very old compass" Damon interjected.

"Question of the day, what is the local news anchor, Logan Fell doing with it?" Brayden asked, "Aren't any of you even a little curious?".

"Well, if you're so worried that somebody's onto you, why don't you and Damon just leave town" Stefan told Brayden.

Brayden gave Stefan a mock smile, "Now why would we do anything that you tell us to do? Don't forget Stefan, you're the younger brother, not us, you should listen to us, not the other way around".