four

04. Disturbing Behavior

"There has to be more to this dress" Rebekah complained from the changing room, while Brayden, Stefan and Klaus sat in the waiting room, drinking champagne.

"There's not" Klaus said.

"So women in the 21st century dress like prostitutes, then?" Rebekah asked, finally coming out of the changing room, "You know, I got dirty looks for wearing trousers".

"You wore trousers so women today could wear nothing" Klaus said.

"And what is this music?" Rebekah asked, "It sounds like a cable car accident".

"It's dance music" Stefan replied.

"People dance to this?" Rebekah asked.

"Don't judge until you've tried it" Brayden said, drinking out of the champagne bottle.

"Are we done?" an annoyed Klaus asked his sister.

"And why are you so grumpy?" Rebekah asked her brother.

"I needed one thing from you for my witch to find out why my hybrids were dying" Klaus replied, "One thing, your necklace, and you lost it".

"I didn't lose it, it's just been missing for ninety years" Rebekah defended, making Brayden look at his brother, who had informed him that the necklace Klaus was looking for was currently with Elena, Rebekah turned to the two Salvatore brothers, "So, what do you two think?".

"Sorry, not interested" Brayden simply said.

"I like it" Stefan said.

Rebekah glared at the two brothers, "What's with the glare, we're being honest with you" Brayden said.

"Your honesty hurt my feelings, Brayden" Rebekah said, "And your brother is lying".

"Nice one, good work" Klaus told the brothers, once Rebekah had walked back into the changing room.

"You were the one who pulled the dagger out of her" Stefan retorted.

"I heard that" Rebekah said.

"It's rude to eavesdrop" Brayden said, standing up, "Now, excuse me, me and my brother are hungry for some real food".

Klaus didn't say anything, just kept drinking his champagne, both Stefan and Brayden walked out the store, what Klaus didn't know was that the brothers had spotted Katherine Pierce trailing them.

***

"What's with the trailing?" Brayden asked, as he and Stefan walked over to Katherine.

"You three look chummy" Katherine commented, "Klaus your guys new bestie?"

"I'd rather die" Brayden snapped, after getting Kol's memories back, his hatred for the hybrid doubled.

"You know if he finds out you're in Chicago, you're dead" Stefan said.

"Happy to know that you still care" Katherine said, "So tell me if I'm wrong, Rebekah's necklace that Klaus is looking for that's the necklace you gave to Elena".