nine

09. Katerina

Caroline, Brayden, Stefan, Fae, Elena, Damon and Kaitlynn, sat in the Salvatore's living room, talking to Rose, who had come to the Salvatore Boarding House last night, after having no where else to go.

"Okay, you have to understand, I only know what I've picked up over the years" Rose informed the group, "And I don't know what's true and what's not true, that's the problem with all of this vampire crap, but Klaus I know is real".

"Who is he?" Elena asked confused.

"He's one of the Originals, he's a legend" Damon replied.

"That's what he thinks" Brayden corrected, taking a sip of his coffee and handing it to Caroline, who gave him a small smile, and drank from the cup.

"From the first generations of vampires" Stefan added.

"Like Elijah" Elena realised, making Damon look at Kaitlynn who was looking down at the floor, not wanting to talk about Elijah.

"No, Elijah was the Easter bunny compared to Klaus" Rose corrected, "He's a foot soldier, Klaus is the real deal".

"Klaus is known to be the oldest" Stefan informed.

"We think" Brayden interjected.

"So let me get this straight, the oldest vampire to exist ever, is coming after Caroline and Elena?" Fae asked, making Caroline look at Brayden in worry, who in turn laced his fingers with hers.

"Yes" Rose replied.

"No" Brayden snapped, glaring at Rose.

"What they're saying is, I mean, if what she's saying is true--".

"Which it is" Rose interrupted Damon.

"And you're not saying this so we don't kill you?" Damon snapped.

"Which I'm not" Rose defended.

"Then we're looking at a solid maybe" Damon finished.

"Look, Elijah's dead, right? No one else even knows that you two exist" Stefan assured the two girls.

"People might not know that the doppelganger exists, but everyone knows that there is new soulmates around" Rose said, "It's only a matter of time that a witch finds Caroline and informs Klaus".

"How?" Brayden asked, "How would a witch even know about her?".

"Because every time two soulmates are born, every witch in the witch community feels it, that's why the moment I met you Brayden, I knew you were the next male soulmate" Fae informed.

"But there's quiet a huge age gap between me and Caroline, how does it make sense that we are soulmates?" Brayden asked, "Not that I mind or anything".

"Nice save" Caroline said, making Brayden chuckle.

"I don't know" Fae replied, "The universe decides all this, not me".

"If a soulmate bond is broken once, does it mean it's never coming back?" Kaitlynn asked, finally speaking.

"I don't know" Fae replied, giving her best friend a sympathetic smile, "I guess it will depend on the soulmates".