two

02. The Hybrid

"What do you want now?" Damon asked, seeing Caroline enter his room.

"Brayden called me" Caroline informed, getting straight to the point.

Damon looked at Caroline in shock, "What?" he asked, thinking he didn't hear Caroline correctly.

"Brayden, your twin brother" Caroline reminded, "He called me last night".

"What did he say?" Damon asked, "Is he okay?".

Caroline shook her head, "He's not okay" she replied, "He told me that he just wants to shut it off and not feel a thing, he's hurting Damon, we need to find him now more then ever, he needs us, without us, he's going to turn it off then we might never get him back, so I asked my mom to trace where the call came from, and she told me that the call came from Tennessee".

"Where Brayden is with Klaus, who thinks your dead, so let's not risk it Caroline" Damon said, "I already told you, Brayden is gone, and I don't mean geographically".

"He's not gone yet" Caroline snapped, "There is still a chance Damon, a chance to bring him back to us, out of everyone, I thought you would be the person who would help me bring Brayden back home".

Damon looked at Caroline, various emotions flickering through his eyes, "The Brayden you knew is gone Caroline" he finally said after a moment of silence.

"No" Caroline said, "He's not gone, he is still there, all I have to do is bring him home".

Without hearing anything else from Damon, Caroline walked out of his room, leaving behind a conflicted Damon.

***

Smoky Mountains, Tennessee

"Are you okay?" Klaus asked Stefan, who was carrying a dead Ray on his back, while him, Klaus and Brayden walked up the Smoky Mountains, looking for Ray's pack, "Is Ray getting heavy?".

"I'm fine" Stefan snapped.

"You sure about that?" Klaus asked, trying to push Stefan's buttons, "You know, we've been walking for quite some time now, do you need some water or a little sit-down?".

"Okay, you know what, I get that us three are stuck together on this stupid hike, but that does not mean I have to hear your voice, so kindly, shut it" Brayden snapped.

"So much anger" Klaus teased, making Brayden give him the middle finger, "Your anger is going to get you killed one day, Brayden".

"Can't wait" Brayden said simply.

"I think my brother is angry because both of us are a little tired of hunting werewolves" Stefan said, "We've been at it all summer".

"And thanks to our pal, Ray, we've found ourselves a pack" Klaus informed, as they arrived at a campsite full of werewolves.

Stefan walked forward, gaining everybody's attention, who were shocked seeing a dead Ray on Stefan's shoulders.

"Ray, oh my god" A girl said, running over to Ray's body, after Stefan dropped him to the ground, "What's going on?", the girl then looked at Stefan and Brayden, "Who are you two?".