twenty two

22. Founder's Day

"Look at you two, all retro" Damon commented, walking over to his brothers, who were in their retro clothing, waiting for Elena and Caroline to arrive.

"What are you doing here?" Stefan asked confused.

"Why wouldn't I be here?" Damon asked, "Bonnie deactivated the Gilbert invention, Isobel's gone and it's Founder's Day, I'm here to eat cotton candy and watch one of my brother be happy with his girl, while other is just so miserable".

"Don't start" Stefan warned.

"Is he wrong?" Brayden asked, "I mean, what exactly are you doing Stefan, what happened to breaking up with Elena?".

"I will, okay, trust me I will, I don't want to lead her on anymore" Stefan replied, "But I already ditched her once on Miss Mystic, I can't ditch her again".

"You ditched her because of her and our brother's mistake" Brayden reminded.

"I thought she would help him" Damon defended.

"We all clearly saw how much she helped him" Brayden said sarcastically, looking around for Caroline when his eyes landed on Elena, who looked at him and smiled and gave him a little bow, "For someone who isn't suppose to be Katherine, she definitely has her qualities".

Damon and Stefan looked at where Brayden was looking, "Yikes" Damon commented.

"I need to find Caroline" Brayden said, he patted Stefan's shoulder, "Good luck, brother".

***

"Damon!" Caroline yelled, running over to the oldest Salvatore, she handed him a camera, "Time for pictures, first take a picture of me and Brayden".

Damon chuckled, "Fine, say cheese".

Brayden put his arms around Caroline, and both of them smiled at the camera as Damon took the picture.

"Time for a group photo, where's Stefan?" Caroline asked.

"Probably hiding somewhere" Brayden replied.

"I'm not hiding brother" Stefan said, walking over to his brothers with Elena.

"Elena, here" Caroline said, taking the camera from Damon and handing it to Elena, "Take a photo of me with the brothers".

"Oh, okay" Elena said, a bit awkwardly.

After handing the camera to Elena, Caroline walked over to the brothers, and Brayden picked her up in his arms, making Caroline laugh, while Stefan and Damon laughed at his brother, it was a picture perfect moment.

"Done" Elena said.

"Okay" Caroline said, as Brayden carefully putting Caroline down, "Alright, now time for a photo of just you three".

"Seriously?" Brayden asked.

"Seriously" Caroline replied, grabbing the camera from Elena, "Come on, you guys are brothers, at least act like it".