twenty two

22. The Walking Dead

"Stamp please" Caroline told Kaitlynn, as her, Kaitlynn and Fae sat outside the Grill, writing their graduation invites.

"Here" Kaitlynn said, handing Caroline a stamp.

"Thanks" Caroline said, taking the stamp from Kaitlynn's hand and sticking it on her invitation, she then looked at her two best friends, only to see both of them done, "You two are done? I'm only on my second batch".

"The only family I have is my sister, and something tells me she doesn't want to come so I'm not bothering inviting her" Kaitlynn stated.

"And I have no family to invite" Fae said, "Whoever I have, is already here with me".

"Kaitlynn" Elena called out, walking over to the three friends, "Do you know where Katherine is?".

Kaitlynn rolled her eyes at Elena, Stefan had informed the three best friends that after turning her humanity back on, Elena has become obsessed with finding Katherine and then killing her for what she did to Jeremy, "Trust me Elena, if I knew, I still wouldn't tell you" she said.

"Why the hell not?" a furious Elena asked.

"Because you're obsessing over someone who can very easily rip you limb from limb" Kaitlynn stated.

"Kaitlynn, listen to me, if you know where Katherine is, then you have to tell me" Elena snapped.

Kaitlynn stood up and glared at Elena, "Why?" she asked, "So you can kill her?".

"Your sister ruined my life Kaitlynn, I'm not going to stop until I ruin hers" Elena said.

"Be careful Elena, because Katherine might end up ruining you before you ruin her" Kaitlynn warned, walking away from Elena.

Both Caroline and Fae looked at Elena then each other, both wondering what new problem Elena's obsession with killing Katherine was going to lead them to.

***

After receiving a call from Brayden, Stefan entered the hospital and was immediately confused seeing a room sealed off and police officers everywhere.

"You just missed the doughnuts".

Stefan turned around and saw both his older brothers standing near the reception.

"Yeah, I was with Fae informing her about Elena's new obsession" Stefan informed.

"Right" Brayden remembered, "You know Stefan, I think it's time you finally admit Elena to a mental asylum, the doppelganger has officially lost her mind if she thinks she can take Katherine on, I mean the three of us together couldn't even kill Katherine, and she thinks a newbie vampire like her will? Sounds to me like crazy talk".

"Agreed" Damon said, nodding his head at Brayden's words.

"Hey guys, thanks for coming" Liz greeted, walking over to the three brothers before Stefan could say anything to his brothers.

"Hey" Stefan greeted.

"Why were we invited?" a confused Damon asked.