seventeen

17. Break On Through

"Rebekah's up to something" Damon commented, as he, Brayden, Alaric and Meredith arrived at Wickery Bridge, after Alaric's CT scan at the hospital, where Meredith found out that there was nothing medically wrong with him, meaning whatever was causing him to kill founding council members, he couldn't be treated medically, he needed some magical assistance which is what Fae was trying to do, currently she was going through her many grimoires and trying to find something that will Alaric with his problem.

"I agree" Brayden said, looking at the blonde original in suspicion, "She seems to be everywhere we go".

"Tell me again, why are we here?" Alaric asked, not wanting to be here.

"Ric, the world can't stop just because you're an accidental psycho-killer" Damon replied.

Alaric chuckled, while Meredith glared at the oldest Salvatore, "Do you have any tact whatsoever?" she asked.

"No, he doesn't" Brayden replied, making Damon roll his eyes.

"Alaric, I'm glad you're here, did you bring the sign?" Carol asked, walking over to the group, Alaric looked at her in confusion, not knowing what sign she was talking about, "The restored Wickery Bridge sign, the history department promised me you would have it today".

"No, I don't have the sign, actually, it slipped my mind" Alaric said, slightly guilty, "I've been busy".

Carol nodded in understanding, "Well, it's not an emergency" she assured, "We'll just unveil it when the bridge is complete".

After Carol had walked away, Alaric looked at Meredith, "Get me out of here" he whispered.

"My pleasure" Meredith said.

"I'm gonna stick around for a bit" Damon said, his eyes landing on a familiar vampire.

Brayden looked in the direction his brother was looking in, "Oh bloody hell" he whispered, seeing the vampire the brothers had met in 1912.

"I'm going to stick around and find out why she's here" Damon informed.

"Yeah, I don't want to do that" Brayden said, shaking his head, "I'm leaving".

"You do that" Damon said, walking away from his brother and Alaric and towards Sage.

"Who is that?" Alaric asked Brayden.

"Sage" Brayden replied, "A blast from our very complicated past".

***

Fae, Caroline and Kaitlynn spent the whole day going through the many grimoires Fae had, hoping to find something that will help Alaric, after much digging they managed to find a spell that should dormant Alaric's killer ego, only thing was that they needed something of Alaric's that he wore before he wore the gilbert ring, which he revealed was his wedding ring which was still at his apartment, which is why Caroline was now climbing the stairs up to Alaric's apartment to retrieve it. 

"Fancy seeing you here" Brayden said, leaning against Alaric's door.

"What are you doing here?" A slightly shocked Caroline asked, not expecting to see the middle Salvatore here.