fourteen

14. Fool Me Once

Caroline woke up when someone started shaking her, Caroline slowly opened her eyes and saw Elena standing over her.

"Wha--?".

Before Caroline could ask any questions, Elena put her hand over Caroline's mouth, she pointed towards a sleeping Ben, "Don't make any noise" Elena whispered.

Caroline nodded, she slowly sat up, and Elena pointed towards the door, telling Caroline that they needed to make a run for it, Caroline slowly stood up from the bed, both her and Elena slowly walked around Ben, Elena slowly opened the lock and as soon as she was about to open the door, Ben speeded behind the two girls.

"I wouldn't" Ben said, startling the two girls, he walked closer to Caroline, and started compelling her, "Don't try to escape, don't even move, and don't let your friend move either, do you understand?".

"I understand" Caroline replied.

As soon as Ben turned his back to the girls, Caroline opened the door and tried to run, but her path was blocked by Anna.

"Seriously?" Anna asked, grabbing Elena and Caroline's arms.

"I told them not to move" Ben defended, "I did that eye thing you taught me".

"But forgot the lessen about vervain, they date vampires Ben, duh" Anna snapped.

"Who are you?" Elena asked, struggling in Anna's grip, "What do you want?".

"Does it matter?" Anna asked, locking both the girls into bathroom.

"Open the door!" Caroline yelled, rapidly knocking on the door.

"Caroline" Elena said, her eyes falling on the bathtub.

"What?" Caroline asked, following Elena's eye sight and finding an unconscious Bonnie laying in the bathtub, "Oh, my god".

***

"Did you find her?" Brayden asked, entering the living room.

"No" Damon replied.

"Dammit!" Brayden yelled, kicking the table.

"Brayden relax" Damon said.

"I can't relax Damon!" Brayden yelled, "Caroline is missing, Anna took her, that's assuming she's with Anna and not some unknown enemy".

"Bray--".

"Anna took Elena" Stefan interrupted, walking into the living.

"Yeah, we got that from your 600 voicemail" Damon said, "And I'm sorry inform, but Elena is currently not our priority".

"What's more important then Elena?" Stefan snapped.

"Caroline is!" Brayden yelled, "Caroline is and will always be more important then Elena!".

"What happened to Caroline?" Stefan asked confused.

"Anna didn't just take Elena, Stefan" Damon replied, "She also took Caroline".

"And my stupid necklace won't stop glowing" Brayden said, taking the necklace out of his pocket, and showing his brother, "Caroline's in serious danger Stefan, and I don't have time to argue with you, I need to find her".