seven

07. Ghost World

"What the hell happened to you?" An amused Brayden asked, entering the living room and seeing his twin brother chained to chair with a poker stuck in his chest.

"Whatever twisted game this is, leave me out of it" Damon said.

Brayden walked over to Damon, "As much as I would love to take credit for this, I unfortunately had no play in any of this and neither did Stefan because he hasn't been home all night".

"Quit screwing around" Damon snapped.

"You actually think if I did this, I wouldn't take credit for it?" Brayden asked, removing the poker from Damon's chest, causing him to yell in pain, he then removed the restrains on his wrists and walked away.

"Yeah, not to worry, I'll just untangle myself!" Damon snapped.

"Yes, you will!" Brayden yelled back.

After Brayden walked away, Damon tried to get out of the chains, when suddenly the curtains opened, and due to Damon's daylight ring being on the floor, as soon as the sunlight touched his skin, Damon started burning, causing him to scream in pain.

***

Brayden was walking in the streets of Mystic Falls, when suddenly his way was blocked by a very familiar person.

Brayden looked at the person infront of him in shock, "Lexi" he whispered.

"Hi" Lexi greeted, a smile on her face seeing her best friend.

"You're supposed to be dead" Brayden stated.

"Technically, so are you" Lexi retorted.

"Cut the technical crap, Lexi" Brayden snapped, "How the hell am I able to see you right now?".

"I have no idea" Lexi replied honestly, "And I have no idea how long it's gonna last, so let's get right to the point, you and Stefan are off the rails, bigtime".

Brayden rolled his eyes, "Okay, I don't know how you're here, but frankly I don't care, I want a peaceful day today, so you can go disturb Stefan, not me".

Lexi grabbed Brayden's wrist, stopping him from walking away from her, "What kind of friend would I be if I didn't help you out of this mess you're in?".

"Did I ask for your help?" Brayden asked, glaring at Lexi, "The answer is no, so go annoy someone else, I've got better things to do then indulge you".

"You know, Stefan used to say that to me every time as well, you two truly are brothers" Lexi said.

"Piss off!" Brayden snapped, "I'm not Stefan, your tricks are not going to work on me".

"I guess we're about to find out" Lexi said.

Before Brayden could react, Lexi had snapped his neck, rendering him unconscious.

***

Fae and Caroline were sitting at a table in the Grill, waiting for Kaitlynn, when suddenly someone walked over to them.