five

05. The Killer

"Fae!" Brayden yelled, barging into the heretics room.

Fae, who was on her bed reading a book, rolled her eyes at Brayden's behavior, "Do you not have any manners?" she asked, "You're supposed to knock before you enter a lady's room".

"Where's the lady?" Brayden teased.

Fae sighed, "How Caroline tolerates you is beyond me" she said.

"The same way Stefan tolerates you" Brayden retorted, "Speaking of which, where is he?".

"Who?" Fae asked, her eyes glued to her book, making Brayden roll his eyes in annoyance, he then speeded over to Fae and snatched the book from Fae's hands, "Hey!" she complained.

"Your boyfriend isn't home" Brayden said, throwing Fae's book to the side while ignoring her complaining, "And he's not answering my calls, and he's not shacking it up with you, this wouldn't have been worrying if we didn't have hunter on the loose, but we do, so where is he?".

"I don't know" Fae replied, suddenly concerned, "This morning he received a call from someone and then he left saying he had something important to do".

"Whose call was it?" Brayden asked, wondering what his younger brother was up to.

"I have no idea" Fae admitted, "Before I could ask him any question, he left the room, telling me not to worry and that he'll see me soon".

"Hmm" Brayden said, he looked to the side table and grabbed Fae's phone.

"What are you doing with my phone?" Fae asked confused.

"Calling Stefan" Brayden replied, dialing his brother's number, "He always dodges me and Damon but he can't physically dodge your call".

Brayden and Fae looked at Fae's phone and waited for Stefan to pick up, but to their concern, he didn't answer.

"Stefan just dodged your call" Brayden said, "This could mean two things, one, he's mad at you, which isn't possible because he doesn't know how to that, which means my second theory is probably right that--".

"That something's gone wrong" Fae finished.

"Yeap" Brayden said, as both him and Fae exchanged worried looks.

***

While the groups was wondering where Stefan had gone to, all of them received a text from Jeremy's phone, only thing was it wasn't a text from Jeremy it was a text from Connor, informing everyone that he had hostages in the Grill and he wasn't going to let them go till the vampires surrendered themselves to him, which is why Damon, Brayden, Elena and Fae were currently at the Lockwood's mansion, talking about how to tackle this situation.

"So we each take a different entrance, hit him at the same time" Damon suggested.

"That's an horrible idea" Brayden said.

"Do you have a better one?" Damon challenged, just as Stefan entered the room.

"Stefan" Fae whispered, running over to the youngest Salvatore who immediately pulled her into a hug.