twenty

20. The Originals

"She's the calmest desiccating vampire I've ever seen" Damon informed his brothers, while pouring himself  and his brothers a drink, "I remember when you starved me and Brayden down there for three days I would've wept at your feet for an orange peel".

"Because dumbass, begging for blood, means desperation, desperation is a human emotion, which if you hadn't forgotten, then let me remind you, that Elena currently does not have" Brayden said, taking the glass of bourbon from his brother and downing it in one go.

"How hungry does she have to be before we can torture some feelings back into her?" an annoyed Damon asked.

"A lot hungrier than she is now, apparently" Stefan replied, taking a sip of his drink.

"So what are we supposed to do in the meantime?" Damon asked.

"Maybe I can provide a little excitement".

The three brothers turned around and came face to face with the one and only Katherine Pierce.

"Katherine" a confused Stefan said, wondering what she was doing here.

"The one and only, sort of" Katherine said, "So, when's the welcome home party?".

"A, this isn't your home" Brayden stated, as Katherine walked over to the bourbon and picked it up, "B, don't touch my bourbon", Brayden snatched the bottle of bourbon from Katherine's hand, "And C, do you have a death wish coming here? Because last I checked Klaus still wants your head on a spike".

"Well, it doesn't matter anymore, because Klaus is gone" Katherine informed, confusing the three brothers.

"Wait, what do you mean he's gone?" Stefan asked.

"Let's just say that werewolf girl, Hayley, turned out to be just the thing we needed to get Klaus out of our lives for good" Katherine replied.

"Now, I will definitely throw a party to that" suddenly excited Brayden said, realising with Klaus gone, he won't have to deal with his constant flirting with Caroline.

***

Caroline walked out of her bathroom, with a towel wrapped around her head and another towel wrapped around her body, just having finished her shower, walking over to bed, she grabbed her phone and realised she had a voicemail from Klaus.

"Seriously?" Caroline wondered, wondering when Klaus will give up, but nonetheless, she pressed the voicemail, wanting to know what he wanted this time.

"Caroline, I'm standing in one of my favorite places in the world, surrounded by food, music, art, culture, and all I can think about is how much I want to show it to you, maybe one day, you'll let me".

"So the rumors are true", Caroline gasped in fear hearing someones voice behind her, she quickly turned around and breathed a sigh of relief when she realised it was just Brayden.

"You scared me" Caroline said.

"Sorry, princess" Brayden apologised, walking over to his girlfriend and placing a peck on her lips.

"What rumors were you talking about?" a curious Caroline asked.

"About Klaus leaving Mystic Falls" Brayden replied, gesturing towards Caroline's phone, making her realise he had also heard the voicemail.

"I was about to delete it" Caroline quickly said, not wanting Brayden to get jealous.

But before Caroline could delete the voicemail, Brayden grabbed her phone from Caroline's hand, and instead of deleting Klaus's voicemail, he saved it.

"That wasn't the delete button" a confused Caroline said.

"I know" Brayden said.

"Why did you press save instead of delete, Brayden?" Caroline asked.

Brayden shrugged, "I honestly don't know, I guess because a part of me is terrified, that one day, like always trouble will come knocking on my door, but unlike always, that time, I won't be able to help you, and even though you are capable of saving yourself, it will make me feel a lot better knowing there is someone else out there who can also help you".

"You want me to go to Klaus if I'm ever in trouble?" a shocked Caroline asked.

"I will do everything I can to protect you from harms way Caroline, and it's because I love you, and Klaus will do that same, also because he loves you" Brayden replied, "I hate Klaus for loving you, but I can't deny that after me if there's anyone who can protect you, who can keep you safe, it's him".

"I'm the safest when I'm with you" Caroline whispered.

"I know" Brayden whispered back, "But it never hurt anyone to have extra protection".

"You hate Klaus and the fact that his in love with me, but just for my protection, you will let me go to him?" an overwhelmed Caroline asked.

"For you, I can do a lot more then that, Caroline" Brayden said.

Caroline smiled at Brayden, she then lunged forward and wrapped her arms around Brayden's neck, "All I need is you" she whispered, "No one else Brayden, just you".

"I'm always here, princess" Brayden whispered, hugging Caroline back and hiding his face in her neck, "Always".

***

Brayden opened the cellar door and then walked into the cellar Elena was trapped in.

"Well, don't you look like shit" Brayden taunted.

"I'm hungry" Elena said, her voice extremely raspy from the lack of blood, "Not that you care".

"Absolutely correct" Brayden confirmed, "I could give a rats ass about you Elena, but according to my little brother, I'm not allowed to let you desiccate, even though both me and Damon voted to wait for you to desiccate and then throw you into the ocean, solving everyone's problems, but of course saint Stefan, couldn't have that, so here", Brayden showed Elena the blood bag he was hiding behind his back, he then threw it at the hungry doppelganger, "Go on drink".

Elena quickly ripped open the blood bag and eagerly started drinking, when suddenly she puked all the blood out, "Vervain?" she chocked out.

Brayden smirked, "Are you ready for the time of your life, Elena?" he asked, "I'm going to break you, whether you turn your humanity on or not, I am going to make sure you never try to cross me again".

Elena looked at Brayden, extreme uneasy shown in her eyes, if it was Damon and Stefan, for a second Elena would have believed that they wouldn't genuinely want her hurt, but Brayden was a whole different case, he has been dying to torture her for a long time and now he has finally gotten an opportunity, he wasn't going to let her get away easily.

***

Presenting 4x20 of They Don't Know About Us!

How was the chapter? I know it's a short one but it was the backdoor pilot to the originals and I couldn't be asked putting all of this in the next episode, I promise next chapter will be longer but on a better note, you guys did get this chapter early then expected, so enjoy!

Anyways, thoughts on Brayden being happy that Klaus left Mystic Falls, but despite that telling Caroline to go to him if he fails to protect her?