twenty one

21. The Sun Also Rises

"Oh, my head" Jenna complained, holding on to her head, "What's wrong with me?".

"It's part of the transformation" Caroline replied, remembering the time she turned.

"Do you remember what happened?" Elena asked Jenna.

"You called me" Jenna replied, "You were so scared, I should have realised that it wasn't you, the second I walked out of the house, someone grabbed me, a vampire".

"Klaus" Caroline realised.

"He made me drink his blood" Jenna revealed, "And I don't remember anything after that, where are we? What happened?".

"We're at the quarry, he brought us here" Elena replied.

"Why don't I remember anything?" Jenna asked, overwhelmed with everything that was happening.

"Jenna, do you remember, when I told you how someone becomes a vampire?" Elena asked.

"Yeah, if you die with vampire blood in your system, it's--", realisation suddenly crossed Jenna's face, "Oh, god" she whispered, "He killed me".

"Jenna, listen, everything's going to be okay, I'm gonna get you out of here" Elena promised, while Caroline stayed quiet, she didn't know any of them were getting out of this one.

"I'm a vampire?" Jenna asked shocked.

"And I bet you're hungry" Greta said, walking over to the trio.

Elena glared at Greta, she tried to rush towards her, but Greta used her magic to throw both Elena and Caroline away from Jenna, and made a circle of fire around them, prohibiting both the girls from helping Jenna.

"Don't bother trying to get through, I spelled the circle" Greta revealed to the two girls, who were trying to get out, "Both of you are trapped, no matter what you do".

"Greta, please just let her go" Elena pleaded, as Greta picked a rock from the ground.

"Greta, don't!" Caroline yelled, as Greta made a cut on her wrist.

"Klaus chose her" Greta simply said.

"No" Elena whispered.

"Drink it" Greta told Jenna.

"Jenna, don't" Elena said.

Caroline didn't know what to say, if Jenna didn't drink the blood she would die, but if she did drink the blood, then Klaus would kill her, whatever she did, it didn't look good for Elena's current guardian.

"I can't" Jenna whispered.

"Let her go" Elena pleaded, as Greta brought her bloody wrist closer to Jenna.

After resisting for a bit, Jenna couldn't resist anymore so she ended up drinking Greta's blood.

"No!" Elena cried.

After realising Jenna had enough, Greta pushed her away, and made a circle of fire around her, trapping her as well.

***