six

06. Smells Like Teen Spirit

"I can't believe you two forced me to come to school" Kaitlynn complained, as her, Fae and Caroline stood infront of the school.

"Come on, it's my senior year, and I want to do it with you two by my side" Caroline said.

"The things I do for you two" Kaitlynn mumbled, making both Fae and Caroline laugh.

"So, senior year, huh?" Fae asked.

"Yeap" Caroline replied.

"From all the movies and shows I've watched, I thought this was supposed to feel more empowering" Kaitlynn said.

"I agree" Fae said.

"Okay, so prank night was a bust" Caroline said, "But we are accepting it and we're moving on".

"So we're ignoring everything that happened last night?" Kaitlynn asked.

"Yeap" Caroline replied.

"Sounds healthy" Kaitlynn said, sarcasm evident in her voice.

"Why should I let the fact my boyfriend was forced to turn his humanity off put a damper on an otherwise fabulous day?" Caroline said.

"Same pinch" Fae told Caroline.

"Yeah, not going to lie, that did not make me excited for senior year" Kaitlynn said.

Caroline sighed, "Come on guys, we need to get excited, because the way things have been turning, this might be the one good thing that is going happen to us for a long time".

Fae nodded in agreement, "You're right, we have to make the most out of today".

Kaitlynn sighed, "Fine, just for you two, I'll try and make the best out of high school".

"And that's all we want" Fae said, looping her arms with Caroline and Kaitlynn, and the three girls then proceeded to enter Mystic Falls High School together, ready for whatever was going to get thrown at them.

***

Damon walked into the Salvatore living room, where he saw his younger brother playing twister with a bunch of girls.

"Uh-oh, Alexandra, left hand, please" Stefan said.

"Hey, the two brunettes on the staircase owe me a Persian rug" Damon said, as Stefan bit into the girl's wrist.

"Stop thinking you own this house" Brayden snapped, entering the living and walking straight over to the alcohol.

"Exactly" Stefan said, agreeing with Brayden, "They owe us a Persian rug, it's mine and Brayden's house, too, brother, ooh, any of you like a spin?".

"No" Brayden replied, "But I am hungry".

"Pick your breakfast then" Stefan said, pointing to the girls.

"Gladly" Brayden said, walking over to a girl and sinking his teeth into her neck.

"So this is what Klaus had in mind when he compelled you two to protect Elena?" An annoyed Damon asked.