five

05. You're Undead To Me

"Hey Brayden it's me, again" Caroline said, into the phone, leaving Brayden another voicemail, "It's been three days, and there is still no sign of you or Damon anywhere, the insecure part of me is saying that you've had enough of me, you've decided I'm not worth it anymore so you either left town or are straight out ignoring me, but the logical part of me is saying that something has happened to you and Damon, and honestly, I don't know which part to believe because if you couldn't tell, both of them are pretty shit, just, if you're listening to this right now, please call me, or even text me, just let me know you are alright".

After sending the voicemail, Caroline sat on her bed, her head in her hands, she was seriously worried about the twins, it's been three days since Caroline has seen either of them, it has been three days since Caroline has seen anyone, Bonnie and Elena have tried to contact but Caroline didn't have it in her to talk to any of them, she was still mad at Elena and she didn't want to talk to Bonnie because she knew she would just defend Elena and Caroline didn't want to hear that.

"Please come back" Caroline whispered.

***

Stefan looked through the window of the cellar door, to see both his older brothers, laying on the floor, weak, due to not having any blood in three days.

"Where's our rings?" Damon asked, realising both his and Brayden's daylight rings were missing.

"Won't be needing it anymore" Stefan replied.

Brayden groaned, "How long have we been in here?".

"Three days" Stefan replied.

"What are you doing?" A weak Damon asked.

"During the Dark Ages, when a vampire's actions threatened to expose or bring harm upon the entire race, they would face judgment" Stefan replied, "They sought to reeducate them rather than to punish them".

"You know what will happen if we don't feed on blood" Damon said.

"Both of you will grow weaker and weaker" Stefan said, "And eventually, you guys won't be able to move or speak, in a week, your skin will desiccate, and you'll mummify, a living corpse, unable to hurt anyone, ever".

"So what?" Brayden asked, "You gonna leave me and Damon in this basement for the rest of eternity?".

"I've injected you both with enough vervain to keep you guys weak" Stefan replied, "Once your circulation stops, I'll move you both to the family crypt and then in fifty years, we can all reevaluate".

"We are stronger than you think" Damon breathed out.

"You both always have been" Stefan said, "But none of you are stronger than the vervain, all three of us know it, I'm sorry, didn't have to be this way".

After Stefan walked away, Brayden slowly pulled out his matching necklace with Caroline, holding it in his hand, he slowly started whispering her name, hoping and praying that this works.

"Caroline" Brayden whispered, "Caroline".

***