twelve

12. A View To A Kill

"Where are you?" Elena asked, talking to Bonnie on the phone.

"I'm at the decade dance prep, where none of the rest of you showed" Bonnie replied, filling up the balloons.

"I know, I'm sorry, I had to though, I've got Jeremy under house arrest because Kol wants to kill him and Klaus wants to take him on some vampire slaying road trip" Elena said, "And since neither of them are invited in, it's the only place I can keep him safe".

"Why does it sound like you're under fire?" a confused Bonnie asked.

Elena looked at Jeremy and Matt who were busy playing video games, "Apparently I'm living in a fraternity house now".

"I'm training" Jeremy defended.

"Me too" Matt said.

"Train yourself to do some dishes" Elena retorted, "And put these weapons away before someone tries to use one on me", Matt gave Elena a thumbs up and turned back to the video game he and Jeremy were playing.

"Well, it's hard for me to look forward to this dance while you're trapped in your house" Bonnie said.

"Listen, I have a plan to put an end to all of this" Elena informed, "I want Jeremy to kill Kol".

"You want him to kill an Original?" a shocked Bonnie asked.

"Think about it" Elena said, "Kol's sire line must stretch to the moon by now, if Jeremy kills Kol, every vampire that he's ever turned not to mention everyone they've turned, will die, which means the hunter's mark will be complete and we'll have our key to finding the cure".

"Except there's one problem in your plan Elena, Brayden" Bonnie said, "He will kill us if we hurt Kol".

Elena sighed, "I know, but if we play our cards right, Brayden won't find out about Kol's death".

"Are you going to involve Stefan and Damon in this plan?" Bonnie asked curiously.

"No" Elena replied, "Stefan and Damon are always going to be loyal to their brother, they will never agree to this, which is why this plan stays only between me, you and Jeremey".

"I'm on my way, we'll figure the plan once I get there" Bonnie said.

"Get here as fast as you can" Elena said, turning the tap on in her kitchen to wash her hands, as soon as she put her hands in the water, her hands started burning, "Ahh!" she yelled in pain, dropping her phone to the ground in the process.

"Elena?!" a concerned Bonnie called out, wondering what happened to her best friend.

"Sorry" Elena apologised, picking her phone back up.

"What happened?" Bonnie asked.

"I don't know" a confused Elena replied, "There's something in the water".

***

"You two coming to snap my neck again?" a weak Damon asked, seeing his two brothers on the other side of the cellar door, "Because I woke up feeling completely un-murderous so I'm pretty sure that it's safe to set me free", Brayden ignored Damon's words and threw a vile of blood into the cellar, "Oh, man, really?" an annoyed Damon asked, picking the vile up, "You two practically bled me dry, at least spring for a bag or something, I'm thirsty", Stefan placed a water bottle in the cellar window, "Not exactly what I had in mind" Damon said, slowly standing up and walking over to the water as soon as he grabbed it, Klaus came in his view.