twenty one

21. Isobel

"Hello?" Caroline answered her phone.

"Come out" Brayden said simply, before hanging up on Caroline, confusing her.

Caroline grabbed her bag and went outside, to her shock, when she came out Brayden was standing infront of her, leaning against his black sports car.

"Wow" Caroline said, "Nice car".

"Thank you" Brayden said, opening the front door for Caroline, "Come on, let me drop you to school, I'm going there anyways".

"Why are you coming to school?" Caroline asked confused.

"Ric called me and Damon, saying he needed to talk about something very important with all of us" Brayden replied.

"All of us?" Caroline asked.

"You, me, Damon, Stefan and unfortunately Elena" Brayden replied, "Now get in princess".

Caroline chuckled, "Okay".

After Caroline was seated, Brayden went over to the drivers side and sat in the car, "You ready?" he asked Caroline.

"Should I be scared?" Caroline asked.

"Depends, do fast cars scare you?" Brayden asked.

"I'm about to find out today" Caroline replied.

Brayden smirked, "Yes you are".

Without wasting another second, Brayden turned the car on and speeded towards the high school.

***

"How are you not dead yet?" Caroline asked, as Brayden opened the door to Alaric's classroom, "You drive so dangerously".

Brayden chuckled, "I'm a vampire princess".

"Still" Caroline mumbled.

"Let me guess, you rode in Brayden's car" Damon said, also entering the classroom.

"That obvious?" Caroline asked.

"You look scared" Stefan replied.

"Have you seen the way your brother drives his car?" Caroline asked.

"Yes" Stefan and Damon replied.

"We've learnt not to get in his car, a long time ago" Damon said.

"So, what's with the meeting?" Brayden asked, he looked between Stefan and Elena and smirked sensing the tension between the two, "Yikes, the tension is thick in here".

"What's with all the furrowed brows?" Damon asked, looking between Elena, Stefan and Alaric and seeing their upset faces.

"I saw Isobel last night" Alaric replied, shocking the twins and Caroline.

"Isobel's here?" Damon asked, Alaric nodded, "In town?", Alaric nodded again, "Did you ask her about Uncle John?".

"Are both of them working together?" Brayden asked.