eleven

11. By The Light Of The Moon

"Dammit!" Fae yelled, in frustration.

"Fae, it's fine" Brayden assured, still stuck in the tomb.

"It's not fine Brayden" Fae snapped, "Tonight is the full moon, I should be able to get you out of here, but I can't".

Brayden sighed, "Fae, I'm fine" he assured.

"Are you?" Damon asked, knowing all to well his brother was anything but fine, "You refuse to let us give you any blood, because you don't want to share it with Katherine, and you also forbid Caroline, the one person who you need the most, from seeing you down here".

"It was for the best" Brayden mumbled, leaning against the wall.

"Was it?" Stefan asked, "Because it's obvious you're miserable without her, why won't you let her see you?".

"Because I don't have it in me to see how heartbroken she is" Brayden snapped, "I don't have it in me to see her infront of me and not touch her, not kiss her, I'm saving both of us from the misery".

"No, you're just adding to both your misery" Damon said.

"Can we stop talking about me and Caroline, and instead focus on more pressing issues" Brayden snapped.

"What's more pressing then this?" Damon challenged.

"Oh I don't know Damon, maybe the fact that Elena is on a suicide mission and if she gets caught by Klaus she's going to tell him about Caroline" Brayden snapped.

"Elena can't do anything anymore" Stefan assured.

"What do you mean?" Brayden asked confused.

"I might not be able to get you out of the tomb, but I was able to trap Elena in her own house" Fae replied.

Brayden looked at Fae in amusement, "You guys trapped her?".

"It's for the best" Damon replied, "Elena's on a martyr mission that is risking Caroline's life along with her own".

"And where's Caroline?" Brayden asked.

"Trying to distract herself from running over to you, by helping Tyler Lockwood through the full moon" Stefan replied.

Brayden looked at Stefan in shock, "Alone?" he asked, "She's helping Tyler all by herself?".

"Yeap" Damon replied.

"And you idiots let her?!" Brayden snapped.

"She didn't ask for our permission Brayden" Damon snapped back, "She's trying to distract herself from you, we figured it was for the best".

"A werewolf bite is fatal to a vampire" Brayden reminded, glaring at his twin.

"That's according to legend" Damon corrected.

"Which I believe" Brayden snapped, "Fae, you need to forget about about me and go help Caroline".

"No" Damon said, "You coming out of this tomb is our number one priority Brayden".