thirteen

13. Into The Wild

Klaus watched as Caroline and Brayden placed a white sheet over Kol's dead body, Brayden deciding to bury Kol, everyone else having left to get the cure.

Suddenly, Tyler entered the Gilbert's house, "Morning, sunshine" he greeted a trapped Klaus, "You look pathetic".

"Only until Bonnie's spell locking me in here wears off" Klaus reminded, "Then I'll look different, angrier, perhaps, or I won't look like anything because I'll have gouged your eyeballs from their sockets".

"My friends will be back with the cure by then, so I can shove it down your throat and make you mortal" Tyler stated.

"I'm an Original" Klaus reminded, "What makes you think my entire vampire bloodline won't be cured along with me? I.e. you".

"You know what I think?" Tyler asked, "I think that's impossible, I think the moment you stop being a vampire our whole blood connection to you is broken and your sire line ceases to exist, so whatever happens to you happens only to you, which means I can kill your ass, and no one else has to die, although I am still debating just how to do it".

Klaus speeded over to where Tyler was, "I recommend drowning" he taunted, "There's nothing quite like the feeling of someone fighting for something as basic as human breath, and let me tell you, your mother was a fighter".

Brayden let out an annoyed sighed, he then turned to his girlfriend, "I'll be back soon, you don't get caught in these two's crossfire" he warned.

"Take your time, I'll be fine" Caroline assured, knowing Brayden will need time to say goodbye to Kol.

Brayden gave Caroline a small nod, he then picked Kol's wrapped up body and threw it over his shoulder and walked out the door.

***

"What is this place?" a confused Stefan asked Shane, as he led them to an abandoned campsite in the island of Nova Scotia.

Stefan, Fae, Damon, Kaitlynn and Rebekah had to enlist the help of Shane to help them get to the cure as Bonnie, Elena and Jeremy had the hunter's mark but they had nothing and the professor eagerly agreed to take them to the cure, wanting to rise Silas himself.

"According to island lore, a group of college kids came here for spring break" Shane informed, "A few weeks later they were all found dead, completely drained of blood".

"Well, tragic for them, brilliant for us, who sleeps where?" Rebekah asked.

"Well, that's lovely" Damon taunted, ignoring Rebekah, "Our three enemies are lurking somewhere in this island and we're just gonna camp".

"We're safer here than we are hiking in the dark" Shane reasoned.

Stefan sighed, but nonetheless, he grabbed Fae's hand and the vampire and heretic went to find a comfortable tent to sleep in, Rebekah followed them, while Damon and Kaitlynn stayed behind with Shane.

"Let's just keep going, you know? Get the cure, get in, get out" Damon told Shane, "Where is it?".

"How stupid do you think I am?" Shane asked.