three

03. Friday Night Bites

It was 7am and Caroline Forbes was still laying in her bed, she knows she should start getting ready for school, but she didn't have it in her to get up, it had been an hour since Brayden left, the whole night, Brayden sat with Caroline and explained everything to her, about vampires, how the brothers got turned, why Damon and Brayden didn't get along with Stefan, but most importantly about Kaitlynn and Katherine, turns out, when Brayden told her he was over Kaitlynn, that was a lie, the only reason Damon and Brayden had come back to Mystic Falls was to free the girls they love.

When Brayden told Caroline that he loved another girl, Caroline swears she heard her heart break, which was stupid considering they had just met, but at the same time, hearing Brayden say that his waited for the love of his life for over a hundred years, Caroline realised how lucky Kaitlynn really was, Caroline would die if someone waited for her for even a month, she can't imagine someone waiting for someone for a hundred years.

Caroline's chain of thoughts were broken, when someone knocked on her window, confusing her.

"Brayden?" Caroline asked confused, opening her window and seeing the middle Salvatore.

"Hey Princess, want to let down your hair?" Brayden asked, a cheeky smile on his face.

Caroline rolled her eyes at the vampire, "What are you doing here?" she asked, "You literally just left an hour ago".

"Well, I know you didn't sleep all night, and you have school this morning, so I bought you some coffee" Brayden replied, showing Caroline the coffee cup, "Now can I come in? Or are you going to make me stand out in the cold?".

"I thought vampires don't get cold" Caroline said, but nonetheless, moved out of the way, so Brayden could enter.

"We don't" Brayden said, entering Caroline's room, "Also, Damon sent you a chocolate muffin, it's his way of apologising", Brayden handed Caroline the coffee and muffin.

"Thank you" Caroline said.

"You're welcome" Brayden said, putting his hands in his pockets, "So, how are you holding up?".

"After learning that the mystery guy I met on the road is a vampire?" Caroline asked, "Surprisingly, not too bad, I mean don't get me wrong, I'm scared".

"Caroline--".

"Not of you and Damon" Caroline quickly clarified, "I'm just scared what this new world is going to bring me, but I'm glad you told me everything, I'd rather know then be in the dark".

"So you're not going to tell anyone?" Brayden asked, really not wanting to compel her.

Caroline shook her head, "No" she replied, "And I want to help you and Damon".

Brayden looked at Caroline in confusion, "Help us with what?".

"Freeing Katherine and Kaitlynn" Caroline replied.

"Caroline, knowing what we are is something, but you actually getting involved, that could prove much dangerous then you realise" Brayden said, worried for the girl infront of her.

"Look Brayden, I want to help you both, I want you and Damon to reunite with the girls you love, you deserve to be happy, I want to help, please let me help" Caroline said.