seven

07. My Brother's Keeper

Brayden was in the woods, doing push ups while on the call with Elena.

"You can't just not come Brayden" Elena said through the phone, "You are a founding family member, you have to be here".

"I don't have to be anywhere Elena" Brayden stated, "You called to ask when I was coming this Miss Mystic event, I told you never, now hang up".

"You not being here, isn't going to stop Klaus from hitting on Caroline" Elena said.

"But it will stop me from attacking him infront of everyone" Brayden retorted, stopping his push ups and laying on the ground, staring up at the bright blue sky.

"Come on Brayden, I thought Brayden Salvatore doesn't run, he makes people run" Elena said.

"I'm not running, I'm avoiding" Brayden corrected.

"That's even worse" Elena stated.

Brayden sighed, "Why do you even care if I'm at this stupid party anyways?".

"You helped me when I needed help and now I'm returning the favor" Elena replied.

"What, by forcing me to watch Klaus flirt with the woman I love?" Brayden asked, "If this is you helping Elena, then I really don't want it".

"If you don't come here Brayden, then Klaus wins, because he wants to get under your skin, that's one of the reasons he asked Caroline on a date" Elena said.

"And the other reason is because he has feelings for and I don't want to see him look at her with hearts eyes" Brayden snapped.

"Then I'll distract you" Elena offered.

"You?" Brayden asked, "Distract me from Caroline? Yeah, good luck with that one, Elena".

"Challenge accepted Brayden Salvatore" Elena said, "Just come to the event, and I promise you won't even realise Klaus and Caroline are here".

"And if I do?" Brayden asked.

"Then I'll do whatever you want" Elena replied.

"You realise if I win I'm going to make you do something really stupid, right?" Brayden asked.

"I know" Elena replied, "But I'm willingly to take the risk, especially if you agree that if I win, you do whatever I want".

Brayden thought about Elena's deal for a second, "You are openly giving me a chance to humiliate you? I'd be an idiot to turn that down".

"Great, then see at you Miss Mystics Falls" Elena said, "Oh, and try wearing something that isn't black".

After Elena hanged up on Brayden, he looked at his phone and shook his head, "One decent conversation and she thinks I'm going to listen to her" Brayden whispered, "Never going to happen".

***

"Where have you been?" Damon asked, seeing his twin walk down the stairs.

"Out" Brayden said, fixing his leather jacket.

"Where you going?" Damon asked, seeing Brayden walk towards the door.