nine

09. The Cell

Mystic Falls, 1953.

"And that's the state of the world from your hometown TV news station on June 11th, 1953, good night, Mystic Falls".

Damon and Brayden entered their home and immediately their eyes landed on the maid in the living room.

"Hey" Damon called out, "We're looking for Joseph Salvatore".

"You found him" Joseph said, entering the living room.

"What the hell did you do to my house?" an annoyed Brayden asked, looking around the boarding house in distaste.

Joseph didn't reply to Brayden's question, just gave him a smile, "I'm glad you two got my telegram, I haven't heard from Stefan yet, but I'm hoping he'll be here soon, when was the last time you three spoke?".

"Well, he doesn't call, he doesn't write" Damon said, as Joseph poured the twins a drink each, "Of course, neither do we, in all fairness, we are the ones that abandoned him on a train platform in the middle of World War II".

"Well, there's always time to be a better man" Joseph said, holding out two glasses towards Damon and Brayden.

"No thanks" Brayden said, him and Damon going to grab the glasses off of Joseph.

However, the minute Damon and Brayden touched the glasses, another man, Dr. Whittemore came out of the shadows and vervained the two brothers in the back.

Joseph smirked seeing the two brothers being caught completely off guard, "Sorry about the vervain, money was too good to pass up".

Before he could fall to the ground, a furious Brayden used the little strength he had remaining to shove his hand into Joseph's chest and ripped his heart out.

"Well, now I won't have to pay him" Dr. Whittemore said, as Brayden fell to the floor, right next to his brother.

"Who the hell are you?" a confused Damon asked, while groaning in pain.

"I'll be both of yours doctors from now on" Dr. Whittemore informed, before injecting both Damon and Brayden with more vervain.

"I'm going to kill you" Brayden mumbled, before slumping on to the ground unconscious.

"What the hell are you doing to us?" Damon asked, before he also fell unconscious.

"Just a little vervain"  Dr. Whittemore told the two unconscious vampires.

***

Katherine sat in the Salvatore's living room, writing in a diary, after a moment of scribbling, she ripped the page out of the diary in frustration, she then looked towards Brayden, who was sitting on the couch opposite her, reading a book.

"What kind of sentimental idiot writes down everything they feel?" Katherine complained, breaking Brayden's peace.

Brayden closed his eyes in annoyance, really wishing he hadn't listen to Caroline and told Kaitlynn about her sister trying to commit suicide, because then Kaitlynn made Brayden Katherine's official babysitter, saying that is his punishment for missing Fae's welcome back to life party.