nine

09. O Come, All Ye Faithful

The sun peeking through the window woke Caroline up from her sleep, opening her eyes she realised she was sleeping in Brayden's bed, with the middle Salvatore laying next to her, her back to his chest, and his arm wrapped tightly around her waist.

Caroline tried to get out of Brayden's grip, but his grip only got tighter and he pulled Caroline more into him, "Sleep" he mumbled into her ear.

"We have to get up" Caroline whispered.

"No" Brayden said, placing a kiss on Caroline's shoulder.

Caroline turned around and face Brayden, "Today's the winter themed party, will you be there?".

Brayden finally opened his eyes and looked at his girlfriend, "Will you?".

"Of course, it's a party, I don't miss a party" Caroline retorted.

Brayden let out a small chuckle, "Then I'll be there" he assured.

"You aren't going with Elena to her family's lakehouse?" Caroline asked.

Brayden groaned in annoyance and turned to lay on his back, "Can we not talk about her first thing in the morning?".

"I'm just saying, she texted you last night after she left" Caroline said, crawling over Brayden to grab Brayden's phone from his side table, opening it she read the text Elena sent Brayden, the text she saw last night, "Going with Bonnie to the lakehouse to teach Jeremy how not to kill me, wanna come?".

Brayden snatched his phone from Caroline and started typing out a reply to Elena, "Sorry can't come, planning to spend the day with my girlfriend at the winter themed party", after sending the message Brayden looked at Caroline, "Happy?".

Caroline sat up on the bed and looked at Brayden, "You can't avoid her" she said.

"Of course I can" Brayden said, stepping out of bed and walking over to his dresser.

"No you can't" Caroline retorted, "You're going to have to deal with Elena being in love with you one day".

Brayden looked at Caroline, "She's not in love with me, she's sired to me".

"Like Elena told you, according to Tyler, the sire bond doesn't effect the way you feel, only the way you act" Caroline argued.

"Well I love you, so sucks for Elena really" Brayden said, opening his dresser and grabbing a t-shirt.

Caroline stood up from the bed and walked over to Brayden, "I hate this" she stated.

Brayden looked at Caroline in amusement, "Really?" he asked, "I couldn't tell".

Caroline lightly shoved Brayden, "Don't make fun of me Brayden".

Brayden grabbed Caroline's wrist and pulled her towards him, "I'm not making fun of you" he assured, removing Caroline's hair from her face, "I'm just laughing at how it's always us who end up in weird situations like this".

Caroline put her head on Brayden's chest, "Looking back at it I see how it's funny, but in the moment I want to kill you".

"Me?" an amused Brayden asked.