eighteen

18. The Murder Of One

Damon and Stefan had gone to Alaric's apartment to cut the Wickery Bridge and make it into as many stakes as they could, using this opportunity, Brayden made his way over to Fae's bedroom.

Brayden knocked on Fae's opened door, "May I come in?" he asked.

"You know, the door being wide open usually means feel free to come in without knocking" Fae teased.

"It's called being a gentleman Fae" Brayden said, walking into Fae's room.

"Alright, Mr. Gentleman, what can I help with you on this fair morning?" Fae asked.

Brayden sighed, "I'm sure Stefan has told you about the white oak Damon found", Fae nodded, "They are planning on using it to kill Klaus, but either they've forgotten or they just don't care, but all the originals are linked, meaning if Klaus dies, so does--".

"His whole family" Fae finished, "Including Elijah and Kol".

"Look, I don't know what's going on between Elijah and Kaitlynn, I don't know how Kaitlynn feels about Elijah right now, but I know that I can't let Kol die" Brayden said, "And I know what I'm asking is a lot, and I completely get if you say no, I'm hoping you won't say no, but I won't be mad if you do".

"You want me to break their link, don't you?" Fae realised.

Brayden nodded in agreement, "Is it possible?".

"Of course it's possible" Fae replied, "I'll do it".

Brayden looked at Fae in shock, he wasn't accepting her to agree so easily, "Really?".

"Look, you're right, in their hatred for Klaus, Stefan and Damon aren't going to realise what they are doing, who they are hurting in the process, so to save them from their guilt and yours and Kaitlynn's anger, I'll unlink the siblings" Fae replied.

Brayden breathed a sigh of relief, "Thank you so much, Fae" he said, "You have no idea how much this means to me".

"Since when do we say thank you to each other?" Fae asked.

Brayden chuckled, "Right, my bad" he said, ruffling Fae's hair.

"Hey!" Fae complained, "Not the hair Bray".

"Come on Miss. Diva, we have to get to the Mikaelson mansion and unlink some originals and then we have to how to plan on how to kill Klaus" Brayden said, smiling at Fae's antics.

"So much work and such less time" Fae mumbled, grabbing her bag and rushing out her room with Brayden.

***

"You did what?!" Stefan asked Fae, as he, Elena, Caroline, Kaitlynn and Fae stood in the boarding house living room.

"I unlinked Klaus and his siblings" Fae replied, not even slightly apologetic.

"Why would you do that Fae?" Elena snapped, "This means we killed Finn for nothing".

"Don't say we" Kaitlynn snapped back, "This was you, Stefan and Matt, don't involve me and Caroline in this".