eleven

11. 500 Years Of Solitude

Fae entered her dorm room and immediately shook her head seeing the state of her two best friends, both Caroline and Kaitlynn were laying in their respective beds, with the covers over their heads while the room was pitch dark.

The reason for this was because last night, Damon broke up with Kaitlynn, he didn't want her to defend him everytime a blast from his past comes and reveals to her all the bad things he did, he didn't want her to change herself for him and no matter how much Kaitlynn tried to explain to him that she wasn't changing herself and she would never defend him when he's the wrong, just show the him the right way, Damon didn't listen, too scared that his love would ruin Kaitlynn.

Caroline on the other asked for a few days from Brayden, though no one said it out loud, everyone knew what that meant, as of now Brayden and Caroline's relationship was on a break, Fae gave her boyfriend a proper scolding for interfering in their relationship, it should have been Brayden who told Caroline not Stefan and Fae was afraid that Stefan telling Caroline instead of Brayden just made things worse between the two, it made Caroline think Brayden wasn't going to be honest with her while it made Brayden think Caroline will rather listen to his brother then him.

***

Damon and Brayden sat on the bar at Mystic Grill, the two brothers had spent the whole night here, currently Damon slept with his head on the bar while Brayden continued drinking, he lost count on how many bottles he had gone through but for some reason his body refused to get drunk and forget Caroline, he was starting to develop a theory, that his heartbreak made him immune to alcohol.

"What the hell?" a confused Matt questioned, entering the closed Grill with Jeremy.

Brayden groaned in annoyance and slammed his head on the bar, "There goes my peace".

***

"Okay sleepy heads, time to wake up and welcome the day with huge smiles on our frowning faces!" Fae called out, walking over and opening all the curtains in their dorm.

"Go away!" Caroline said.

"This day can go back to where it came from, I'm not welcoming it" Kaitlynn stated.

"Come on" Fae said, removing Kaitlynn's blanket, "I brought you two breakup breakfast".

Caroline removed her blanket from her face and glared at the Bennett, "Me and Brayden haven't broken up, we're on a break".

"Which basically means you've broken up" Kaitlynn stated, sitting up in her bed.

Caroline also sat up in her bed and looked at the tray of food Fae had placed on her bed, "Are we seriously celebrating our breakups?".

Caroline and Kaitlynn looked at Fae who in turn just shrugged and gave them a sheepish smile.

***

"Damon dumped Kaitlynn" Jeremy informed Matt, "And Caroline dumped Brayden".

"Why?" a confused Matt asked.

"I have no idea" Jeremy admitted.

"Who spends over a century pinning after a girl to dump her?" Matt asked, "And who spends the last five years simping over a girl only to then get dumped by her?".