fifteen

15. A Few Good Men

"Brayden!" Caroline yelled, entering the boarding house and hearing loud music, "Damon!".

Caroline walked into the living room and was shocked seeing Damon surrounded by girls, who had bite marks all over their bodies.

"Oh my god" Caroline whispered shocked, she walked over to the music station and turned the music off, making Damon realise her presence.

 "Ugh, don't be such a buzzkill Caroline" Damon complained.

"Where's Brayden?" Caroline asked.

"Princess!" Brayden yelled, entering the room, a bottle of bourbon in his hand.

"You're drunk" Caroline realised, as Brayden came and hugged her.

"A little bit" Brayden said, taking a swig of his drink.

"I came back to see how you both were doing" Caroline said, looking at the twins in worry.

"We are doing amazing" Brayden said, "Why wouldn't we? After a hundred and forty five years, we are finally free, from the burden of loving Katherine and Kaitlynn".

"You should be happy Caroline, now Brayden's all yours" Damon said.

Caroline opened her mouth to reply, but before she could, Stefan entered the room, and was shocked seeing that state of his two brothers.

"Look princess, it's buzzkill bob" Brayden pointed.

"Greetings" Damon greeted.

"Can we talk?" Stefan asked.

"No" Brayden replied, going behind Caroline and wrapping his arms around her waist, "I missed you".

"I stayed the night Brayden, I had just gone home to shower" Caroline reminded.

"Too long" Brayden said, kissing Caroline's shoulder.

"Go on talk" Damon told Stefan.

"Without the Tri-Delts?" Stefan asked.

"Anything you have to say to me, you can say in front of them" Damon replied, "They're really good at keeping secrets".

"Aww, Damon our little brother is worried about us, that's cute" Brayden said sarcastically.

"Drunk you is mean" Caroline said, taking the bottle of alcohol from Brayden.

"No" Brayden complained.

"You need to shower, you reek of alcohol" Caroline said.

"Only if you join me" Brayden said, giving Caroline a cheeky smile, making Caroline shake her head at him.

"You worry about us, there's no need, we're fine, why wouldn't be?" Damon asked, "We spent the last hundred and forty five years with one goal, get in that tomb, we succeeded".

"Even though Kaitlynn wasn't in the tomb, I achieved my goal, that's what counts right?" Brayden asked.

"You know, it's so liberating not having a master plan, because now me and Brayden can do whatever the hell I want" Damon replied.