nineteen

19. Miss Mystic Falls

"There was a disturbance at the hospital blood bag last night, some of the supply was compromised" Liz informed the twins.

"Compromised, you mean, stolen?" Damon asked.

Liz nodded, "We almost missed it, the inventory records were altered, but when the night manager was questioned, he had no recollection of changing them".

"Meaning the vampire who stole the blood used mind control to hide the theft" John informed.

"We know" Brayden snapped, "We're not idiots, John".

"We wouldn't have noticed, had John not alerted us to recent discrepancies at other hospital blood banks in the county" Liz said.

"How lucky for us we have John" Damon said sarcastically.

"We're stepping up security at the hospital, giving the guards vervain to prevent this from happening again" Liz informed.

"Sherriff, might I offer a suggestion? Why don't Damon, Brayden and I put our heads together?" John informed, "We could track down whoever's doing this".

"Truthfully, I could use extra hands, is that something you two would be willing to do?" Liz asked the brothers.

"Actually--".

"Well, of course, I mean, if it will help" Damon interrupted Brayden, knowing his brother would say no.

"I think we'll make a good team" John said, "Don't you, Brayden?".

Brayden glanced at Damon, who was giving him a warning look, telling him not to say anything infront of Liz, Brayden sighed, "I don't like you John, there's something very off about you, but for the sake of this town, I will team up with you".

John smirked at Brayden, while he simply glared at him.

***

"Ugh, what do you want?" Brayden asked, opening his front door and seeing Anna standing there, his mood already foul after dealing with John.

"I am here on behalf of my mother" Anna replied.

"Not interested" Brayden said, closing the door on Anna's face.

"Seriously?" Damon asked his brother, "You could have at least asked her what she wanted".

"Oh I'm sorry, how bad of me not to entrain the women whose been stalking us" Brayden replied, as the doorbell rang again.

Damon rolled his eyes, and opened the door again, "What do you want?".

"I'm sorry about what the other vampires did to Stefan" Anna replied, entering the house.

"Who said you could enter my house?" Brayden asked.

"Brayden" Damon warned.

"Unbelievable" Brayden mumbled, pouring himself a drink.

"Abducting, torturing him, it wasn't supposed to go down like that" Anna defended.