seven

07. Masquerade

"Here" Damon said, handing Caroline a glass of blood.

"I'm still shaking" Caroline admitted, taking a small sip of the blood.

"Caroline" Brayden said, running into the living room, Stefan right behind him.

"Brayden" Caroline whispered, running into the middle Salvatore's arms.

"Are you okay?" Brayden asked worried, Damon having called him when he was out on a run, saying Caroline needed him and nothing else.

"Go ahead, tell them, you two are gonna love this, specially you Brayden" Damon said.

"I saw Katherine today" Caroline informed, breaking hers and Brayden's hug, but still holding on to his hand.

"What?" Brayden asked shocked.

"Where?" Stefan asked.

"At the Grill, I just stopped by to grab my mom and me some food" Caroline replied, "And while waiting for the food, I needed to use the bathroom, where I saw Katherine, at first she pretended to be Elena, but I figured it was her after seeing her curly hair, you know since Elena has straight hair, so I quickly tried to escape, but she blocked my way, and said that I need to deliver you guys a message".

"What was the message?" Stefan asked curiously.

"She said to tell you three that she wants the moonstone, otherwise she's going to rip this town apart until it rains blood" Caroline replied.

"Tell them the rest of it" Damon urged.

"She wants it tonight" Caroline continued, "At the Lockwood's masquerade ball".

"She wants to do it public" Stefan realised, "Killing Mason threw her off guard".

"She's running scared" Damon said, "What she did to Jenna was desperate, she's out of tricks".

"We can't underestimate her" Stefan said, "We have to play this smarter than her".

"Can't we just give her the moonstone so she'll leave?" Caroline asked.

"No, Katherine's not getting dick" Damon snapped, he then turned to his awfully quiet twin brother, "You're uncharacteristically quiet".

Brayden looked at Damon, "We're going the masquerade ball tonight".

"And doing what?" Damon asked, "Handing the moonstone over?".

"No" Brayden replied, "We're killing Katherine Pierce".

"You're not gonna kill her" Stefan said.

"Oh screw off Stefan!" Brayden snapped, "I am in mood for you goody two shoes shit, the bitch lied about being the tomb, she then killed Caroline, threatened her mother, and then compelled Jenna to stab herself, and let's not forget, it's because of her that Fae left you, what else does she have to do for you to kill her?!".

"You're not gonna kill her" Stefan repeated.

"Are you kidding me?!" Brayden yelled.