nineteen

19. Heart Of Darkness

"You hear from Klaus?" Damon asked his brothers, entering the living room with his bag.

To find out whose bloodline the brothers and Caroline were from, the group decided to send Damon and Kaitlynn to Denver to talk to Jeremy, hoping his ability to talk to ghosts would help them out.

"Not yet, but I'm sure we will soon though, he's expecting us to deliver two stakes" Stefan replied.

"And we only have one" Brayden said, grabbing the one stake from the table.

"Well, that's gonna be disappointing for him" Damon said.

"I'll get it out of Alaric, I just need some time" Stefan assured.

Both Damon and Brayden scoffed hearing Stefan, "You're back to being the good brother Stefan, you're aren't getting anything out of Alaric" Brayden said.

"Exactly, that's why I'm leaving Brayden behind" Damon said, "He's way better at getting things out of people then you".

Brayden shook his head, "No, you're leaving me behind because you want to be alone with Kaitlynn" he said, causing Damon to roll his eyes, but not denying his words.

"You two don't think I can do what it takes?" Stefan asked.

"Like Brayden said, you're good Stefan again" Damon replied, "You're in control, so you might get the girl, but you lose the edge".

"Speaking of your girl" Brayden said to Damon, just as Kaitlynn walked downstairs.

"Have you ever flown first class?" Damon asked Kaitlynn.

"Who do you think you're talking to?" Kaitlynn asked, "Of course I've flown first class, I only fly in first class".

Kaitlynn grabbed her bag and walked out the door, and Damon, after exchanging an amused look with his brothers, followed her.

***

After a long flight, of Damon pissing Kaitlynn off, the two vampires finally arrived in Denver to meet Jeremy, who they met up with a batting cage.

"Katherine sired me and my brothers, Rose sired Katherine" Damon recalled, "All we need to do is find out who sired Rose".

"So you traveled across the country to get me to talk to a dead vampire?" Jeremy asked.

"Dead vampire's redundant, but yes" Damon replied.

"Well, I can't" Jeremy informed, "I could talk to Anna and Vicki because I knew them, I never even met Rose".

"What good is you dying and coming back to life if you can't talk to a ghost when I need you to?" Damon asked.

"Look, Rose and Damon had a connection" Kaitlynn said, making Damon look at her, "A friendly connection" she quickly corrected, making Damon nod, "So use him to get her to talk to you".

"Fine, can we do this later?" Jeremy asked, "My friend just got here, and yes, Damon, I actually have some, I'll call you when I'm done".