eleven

11. Bloodlines

"Did you have to steal my car to go to Georgia?" Damon asked through the phone.

"Yes" Brayden replied, "And could you speak quietly, Caroline's asleep and you're on speaker".

"Aren't you caring" Damon said sarcastically, "Why is she with you again?".

"I didn't want to go on a road trip alone" Brayden replied.

"Sure" Damon said, "It has nothing to do with the fact you didn't want to leave her alone in Mystic Falls while you were all the way in Georgia".

"Do you ever shut up?" Brayden snapped.

"No" Damon replied, "Anyways, I didn't call you to argue with you about your feelings for Caroline, I called you to inform you that Stefan and Elena know that you took Caroline with you to Georgia, and let's just say they are not happy about it".

"Who the hell told them?" Brayden asked.

"Well when Caroline Forbes, the girl who never misses school, doesn't go to school one day, people ask questions Brayden" Damon replied, "Just like Stefan and Elena did, so Elena asked the Sheriff where Caroline was, and she told her that you took Caroline on a road trip, you know I'm surprised you took permission from her mother".

"Oh I'm sorry I didn't take Caroline on a road trip with me, without informing her mother, the bloody Sheriff" Brayden said sarcastically.

"Who knew one day I will see my brother be responsible" Damon said.

"If you're done with you're bullshit, then hang up" Brayden demanded.

"Yeah, yeah" Damon said, "But don't come back to town until you figure out how to open the tomb".

"Goodbye Damon" Brayden said, hanging up on his twin.

After a few minutes of silence, Caroline finally woke up.

"Morning princess" Brayden said, seeing Caroline stretch her limbs.

"We are still not there yet?" Caroline asked.

"We are nearly there" Brayden replied, "How was the sleep?".

"Much needed" Caroline replied.

"Any reason why?" Brayden asked, giving Caroline a cheeky smile.

"Shut up" Caroline replied, her cheeks turning red, making Brayden's smile grow.

"Here" Brayden said, grabbing a packet of chips from the backseat and handing it to Caroline, "Eat, you're going to need your full energy for the day ahead of us".

"I have full energy" Caroline said, but nonetheless took the packet of chips from Brayden.

"Really?" Brayden asked, "I just figured after our night together, you would be exhausted".

 "Is this going to be a thing all day?" Caroline asked.

"Most likely" Brayden replied.