seventeen

17. Let The Right One In

Damon hammered a wooden plank on to the broken window, "I say we go to Pearl's, bust down the door and annihilate the idiot that attacked us last night".

"Yeah?" Stefan asked, "And then what, we turn to the rest of their house of vampires and say, oops, sorry?".

"I can't believe I slept through it all" Caroline said.

"In your defense, you were pretty exhausted from last night" Brayden teased.

"Stop" Caroline said, her cheeks turning red.

"I'm just stating facts" Brayden said.

"I can't deal with you right now, it's too early" Caroline said, making Brayden chuckle.

"I can't believe you two made a deal with her" Elena said, interrupting Brayden and Caroline, and glaring at the twins.

"No one made a deal with her Elena" Brayden snapped, "I shoved my hand into her daughter's chest, and made it clear to her that we are not going to make any type of deal with her".

"If you thought Pearl was scary, you should have seen our brother" Damon told Stefan.

"Would you have me rather accept the deal, and welcome the unwanted twins back into our life?" Brayden asked, ever since the tomb, Brayden couldn't stand the mention of Kaitlynn,  he was channeling all his hurt into immense anger.

"I don't get why you are so mad at Kaitlynn, she looked out for you, remember?" Damon reminded, "Katherine was the one who could care less about me".

"Did you just defend Kaitlynn?" Brayden asked, slightly shocked.

"I'd rather die" Damon replied, "I'm just stating facts".

"What are you two on about?" Stefan asked confused.

"In exchange for information on the founding families, Pearl offered to tell us the whereabouts of Katherine and Kaitlynn" Brayden replied.

Elena scoffed, "Of course she did, Damon and Brayden get what they want, as usual, no matter who they hurt".

"Are you deaf?" Brayden asked, "Or are you just plain stupid?".

"Brayden" Stefan warned.

"Don't Brayden me" Brayden snapped, "Instead, take your girlfriend to the doctors, she needs to get her ears checked out, cause it looks like she didn't hear when I told her that we made no deal with Pearl".

"You don't want to know where Kaitlynn is?" Caroline asked.

"Why would I want to find someone who doesn't care about me?" Brayden asked, "Why would I jeopardies our relationship for someone like Kaitlynn?".

"Are you sure about this?" Caroline asked.

Brayden laced his fingers with Caroline, "I'm sure" he assured.

"Why are you so snarky about all this anyways?" Damon asked Elena.

"I woke up this morning, to learn that all the vampires have been released from the tomb" Elena snapped, "I've earned snarky".