thirteen

13. Daddy Issues

After Brayden had left to check up on Damon, Caroline hadn't heard from him all night, so the first thing Caroline wanted to after waking up, was check up on the twins, not only to make sure that Damon was okay, but also to make sure the brothers hadn't done something stupid.

As Caroline stepped out her house, she saw Tyler standing outside.

"Hey" Caroline greeted, confused seeing Tyler, "How's it going?".

"We need to talk" Tyler stated.

"About what?" Caroline asked confused.

"What happened to my Uncle Mason?" Tyler asked, shocking Caroline.

"What?" Caroline asked, not sure if she heard Tyler correctly.

"He's dead" Tyler replied, "And I want you to tell me what happened".

"Uh, Tyler, I don't--".

"Then let me tell you" Tyler interrupted, "Stefan, Damon and your boyfriend Brayden killed him, because Stefan, Damon and Brayden are vampires, just like you and Fae".

"Who told you that?" A shocked Caroline asked.

"Is it true?" Tyler asked.

"Let me explain" Caroline replied.

"Did you know he was dead this whole time, did Fae?" Tyler asked.

"Please" Caroline pleaded.

"Did you know?!" Tyler yelled.

After a moment of hesitation, Caroline nodded, causing Tyler to shove her into her car.

Before Tyler could do anything, Fae, who heard everything, speeded over to the duo and pushed Tyler on to the ground and away from Caroline.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" Fae yelled, "You can't just put your hands on her!".

Tyler stood up and glared at Fae and Caroline, "I trusted you two!" he yelled, his eyes flashing yellow.

Fae sighed, "Tyler, listen--".

"Save it" Tyler snapped, "I don't want to hear anything".

Before Caroline or Fae could stop him, Tyler walked away from the duo.

***

Brayden laid in his bed, staring at the ceiling with a blank expression on his face, what he and Damon did to the two girls last night replying in his head over and over again, he would never admit it out loud to anyone, but last night, he enjoyed giving into his bloodlust, it actually scared him how much he liked it.

Brayden looked to his side table, where his phone was ringing, Brayden stared at the phone when he realised it was Caroline calling him, Brayden's thumb hovered over the accept call option, but then at the last second, Brayden pressed decline and switched his phone off, he couldn't talk to Caroline right now, if he heard her voice, or saw her face, Brayden knows that all the guilt he's trying to keep out of his heart and mind, will come right back as soon as he talks to Caroline, something he didn't have the energy to deal with.